Quantcast

[ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

The Sonar Team is pleased to announce the release of the Groovy plugin version 0.6.
This new version:
  • Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
  • Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
  • Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
Please, read the release notes for more information.

You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.

Documentation is available on the product page.

Enjoy!

--
The Sonar Team

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

Larry Shatzer, Jr.
After upgrading, my project is now not showing any code coverage. It is a grails project. I've tried using a simple pom file and sonar-runner that is built into Jenkins, and get the same result, no coverage. It does not show 0%, just a "-" in the code coverage widget. In the Time Machine, or Timeline dashboards I can see previous coverage, but now no entries.

Here is my sonar.properties:
---
sonar.projectKey=com.mgl.application:ApplicationName
sonar.projectName=ApplicationName
sonar.projectVersion=1.0.1-SNAPSHOT

sonar.language=grvy
sources=grails-app

sonar.dynamicAnalysis=reuseReports
sonar.surefire.reportsPath=target/test-reports
sonar.cobertura.reportPath=target/test-reports/cobertura/coverage.xml
sonar.scm.url=scm:svn:https://svn/location
---

Now the Sonar plugin for Jenkins uses the 1.2 version, would be nice to get a new version with the new version of the Sonar Runner (or a way to point to different versions of the Sonar Runner).

-- Larry

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The Sonar Team is pleased to announce the release of the Groovy plugin version 0.6.
This new version:
  • Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
  • Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
  • Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
Please, read the release notes for more information.

You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.

Documentation is available on the product page.

Enjoy!

--
The Sonar Team

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

See my comments below :

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Larry Shatzer, Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
After upgrading, my project is now not showing any code coverage. It is a grails project. I've tried using a simple pom file and sonar-runner that is built into Jenkins, and get the same result, no coverage. It does not show 0%, just a "-" in the code coverage widget. In the Time Machine, or Timeline dashboards I can see previous coverage, but now no entries.

Here is my sonar.properties:
---
sonar.projectKey=com.mgl.application:ApplicationName
sonar.projectName=ApplicationName
sonar.projectVersion=1.0.1-SNAPSHOT

sonar.language=grvy
sources=grails-app

sonar.dynamicAnalysis=reuseReports
sonar.surefire.reportsPath=target/test-reports
sonar.cobertura.reportPath=target/test-reports/cobertura/coverage.xml
sonar.scm.url=scm:svn:https://svn/location
---

In order to investigate your issue, please provide us file "target/test-reports/cobertura/coverage.xml".

Now the Sonar plugin for Jenkins uses the 1.2 version, would be nice to get a new version with the new version of the Sonar Runner (or a way to point to different versions of the Sonar Runner).

Your last statement was hard to understand in context of Groovy Plugin, so please don't mix two things in same thread in future. I created two tickets : SONARPLUGINS-2125 and SONARPLUGINS-2126

-- Larry

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The Sonar Team is pleased to announce the release of the Groovy plugin version 0.6.
This new version:
  • Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
  • Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
  • Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
Please, read the release notes for more information.

You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.

Documentation is available on the product page.

Enjoy!

--
The Sonar Team

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

bjfish
I am seeing the same issue with a similar configuration trying sonar-runner 1.3 and 1.4.

It appears that the Cobertura Sensor never activates. e.g. I see this in the debug:
16:38:47.308 DEBUG p.PhasesTimeProfiler - Sensors : GroovySourceImporter -> CodeNarc -> GroovySensor -> Groovy SurefireSensor -> CpdSensor -> ProfileSensor -> ProfileEventsSensor -> VersionEventsSensor

Thanks,
Brandon

Evgeny Mandrikov wrote
Hi,

: SONARPLUGINS-2125 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2125> and
SONARPLUGINS-2126 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2126>

> -- Larry
>
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM, David Racodon <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Sonar Team is pleased to announce the release of the Groovy plugin
>> version 0.6.
>> This new version:
>>
>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>
>> Please, read the release notes<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&version=18495>for more information.
>>
>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>
>> Documentation is available on the product page<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin>
>> .
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> --
>> The Sonar Team

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi all,

First of all - there is no connection with version of sonar-runner, because bug is in Groovy plugin.
After some investigations I created Jira ticket - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2127
However from my point of view this is not a regression in version 0.6, because same happens with version 0.5. So Larry I wonder how before it worked for you and which version you used. Maybe before you used Maven to analyse your project?

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:46 AM, bjfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>>
>>> Please, read the release
>>> notes&lt;http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&amp;version=18495&gt;for
>>> more information.
>>>
>>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>>
>>> Documentation is available on the product
>>> page&lt;http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin&gt;
>>> .
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Sonar Team
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin &lt;http://godin.net.ru&gt;
> http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

I only started using the sonar runner after the upgrade to see if it was the maven method that was causing problems, I just copied the entries in the pom for sonar into the properties for the Sonar Runner. I think I was running 0.5 before, but can't be sure, unless there is a log somewhere. With either Sonar Runner of Maven with 0.6, I can't get the coverage.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>>
>>> Please, read the release
>>> notes&lt;http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&amp;version=18495&gt;for
>>> more information.
>>>
>>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>>
>>> Documentation is available on the product
>>> page&lt;http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin&gt;
>>> .
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Sonar Team
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin &lt;http://godin.net.ru&gt;
> http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

As stated in Jira ticket SONARPLUGINS-2127 - this issue with coverage affects only sonar-runner, this means that analysis with Maven will show coverage correctly. If this is not the case for you, then please provide minimalistic example to reproduce problem.

Here is the pom file I use for the grails project for just sonar analysis:  http://pastebin.com/8tzFxBxQ

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>>
>>> Please, read the release
>>> notes&lt;http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&amp;version=18495&gt;for
>>> more information.
>>>
>>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>>
>>> Documentation is available on the product
>>> page&lt;http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin&gt;
>>> .
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Sonar Team
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin &lt;http://godin.net.ru&gt;
> http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

I asked not just a POM file, but a complete project, which I can build and analyse and which will demonstrate that coverage not saved into Sonar.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Larry Shatzer, Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>>
>>> Please, read the release
>>> notes&lt;http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&amp;version=18495&gt;for
>>> more information.
>>>
>>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>>
>>> Documentation is available on the product
>>> page&lt;http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin&gt;
>>> .
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Sonar Team
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin &lt;http://godin.net.ru&gt;
> http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

I'm working on that, might take me a bit of time. I just wanted to send the pom incase there was anything glaring in the pom file. I'll let you know once I have a sample project that exhibits this behavior.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>>
>>> Please, read the release
>>> notes&lt;http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&amp;version=18495&gt;for
>>> more information.
>>>
>>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>>
>>> Documentation is available on the product
>>> page&lt;http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin&gt;
>>> .
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Sonar Team
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin &lt;http://godin.net.ru&gt;
> http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

In short - "grails-app" is not a source root directory, becuase paths in coverage.xml are relative to other directories like "grails-app/domain".
You'll find corrected pom.xml in attachment, which shows exactly the same result as "target/test-reports/cobertura/index.html" - 100% code coverage.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Larry Shatzer, Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here is a simple grails project with just one domain added, and a simple (dumb) test.

In Jenkins I have it run a grails build (2.0.4 version) with "grails test-app --xml --coverage" which produces the xml file (and html reports to show the coverage).

Then I have jenkins run a sonar job with the pom pointing to sonar-pom.xml. So I wonder if it is due to the dynamicAnalysis to reuseReports.

pom.xml (2K) Download Attachment

BTW seems that structure of Grails project are standardized (http://grails.org/doc/latest/guide/gettingStarted.html#conventionOverConfiguration) and seems that Sonar Groovy Plugin commonly used for Grails projects, so we could imagine to improve it in order to automatically detect source directories in Grails projects in order to reduce efforts on configuration.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>    - Fixes the most voted issue: make the plugin support inner classes
>>>    - Makes the plugin compatible with the SCM Activity Plugin
>>>    - Upgrades to CodeNarc 0.17 and GMetrics 0.5
>>>
>>> Please, read the release
>>> notes&lt;http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11911&amp;version=18495&gt;for
>>> more information.
>>>
>>> You can install or update it via the Sonar Update Center.
>>>
>>> Documentation is available on the product
>>> page&lt;http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Groovy+Plugin&gt;
>>> .
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>> The Sonar Team
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin &lt;http://godin.net.ru&gt;
> http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Groovy 0.6 released

Thanks!

I added the services directory as well, since we have a bit of code in there. If you create a jira for better Grails integration, I'll vote for it, and help test it out as well.