Quantcast

[ANN] Sonar Formula Plugin 1.1

Jesús Badenas Martínez

Hi all!

eXcentia team is pleased to announce a new release: Sonar Formula Plugin 1.1.

In this new version you can create some manual metrics associated with a formula in order to be calculated and saved by Sonar.

Downloads, sources and documentation are available on the product page.

Enjoy!

eXcentia Team.

--
Jesús Badenas Martínez (Linkedin)
Arquitectura y Calidad del Software
t: 96 325 48 08

Re: [sonar-dev] [sonar-user][ANN] Sonar Formula Plugin 1.1

Tamás Kende
That was fast!

Thank you so much!

I have a minor problem... in the logs I see a lot of lines like this:
[ERROR] [11:09:50.099] The expression 'ncloc / files' is not correct:
[ERROR] [11:09:50.100] Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``ncloc / files;'' : illegal use of undefined variable, class, or 'void' literal
[ERROR] [11:09:50.163] The expression 'ncloc / functions' is not correct:
[ERROR] [11:09:50.163] Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``ncloc / functions;'' : illegal use of undefined variable, class, or 'void' l

even if the calculation happens and it is displayed.

One other thing is the new widget rounds the numbers. So instead of 69.14 I see only 69. Not a big thing but maybe it is not intentional...

But thanks again,

Regards

Tamas

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Jesús Badenas Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all!

eXcentia team is pleased to announce a new release: Sonar Formula Plugin 1.1.

In this new version you can create some manual metrics associated with a formula in order to be calculated and saved by Sonar.

Downloads, sources and documentation are available on the product page.

Enjoy!

eXcentia Team.

--
Jesús Badenas Martínez (Linkedin)
Arquitectura y Calidad del Software
t: 96 325 48 08

Re: [sonar-dev] [sonar-user][ANN] Sonar Formula Plugin 1.1

Tamás Kende
Hi Jesús,

and there is another issue... even if the calculated metrics are over the threshold defined in the alert, Sonar does not create warnings...

In my case the ncloc/files should be below 200 but it is 220. The Home page still displays OK.

If I set up a History table widget to show the manual measures it displays the correct values... Where can be the problem, maybe it is not related to the formula plugin...

Any idea?

Thanks

Tamas

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Tamás Kende <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

the new widget displays measures like other Sonar widgets: float values are rounded to 1 digit of decimal precision. Note that when you are creating the new manual metric you can choose if the type is integer or float.

The log messages are displayed when a formula is not correct (wrong syntax, bad result like division by zero, a metric doesn't exist, a measure has null value...). Are you sure that you're getting error messages and then the results are correct? Could you tell me what formula(s) are you testing?

Thanks for feedback! :)

t: 96 325 48 08

Re: [sonar-dev] [sonar-user][ANN] Sonar Formula Plugin 1.1

Tamás Kende
Hi,

my two formulas are: 'ncloc / files' and 'ncloc / functions'
If I click on the numbers on the dashboard I can see the data on file level, so it stores something.
You were right about the type, it is float now and it works :D

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jesús Badenas Martínez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

I've just tried this formulas and I'm not getting any error message in the log. If those metrics exist and have values in your project, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've tried to create some alerts and it's happening the same, alerts are not working. I don't know why... because with other manual measures created by hand it works.