Quantcast

Alternate port number and checkstyle

David Roussel
Hi,

I've installed sonar-1.0.2, and found that port 9000 was being run by another piece of software that I'm unable, unwilling or not-allowed to stop.  So I changed wrapper.conf to use port 8070, and the server started up ok.

Then I ran the build with sonar and I got the error shown below.

Obviously the default config assumes sonar is listening on port 9000, but it's the other piece of software I can't stop.  How do I configure the checkstyle built into sonar to use a different url?  Or even to use the checkstyle config I've already configured for my site build?

Thanks

David

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error during sonar checkstyle config file download
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:903)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:739)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:510)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error during sonar checkstyle config file download
        at ch.hortis.sonar.mvn.reports.CheckstyleHandler.execute(CheckstyleHandler.java:61)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.mvn.PrepareMojo.executeGoals(PrepareMojo.java:129)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.mvn.PrepareMojo.execute(PrepareMojo.java:90)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error occured during file http://localhost:9000/rules_config/checkstyle.xml download
        at ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.callRemoteFile(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:106)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.callRemoteFile(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:114)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.getRemoteCheckstyleConfiguration(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:53)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.mvn.reports.CheckstyleHandler.execute(CheckstyleHandler.java:59)
        ... 23 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:659)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:604)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:624)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:957)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.getRemoteFile(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:70)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.callRemoteFile(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:87)
        ... 26 more

Re: Alternate port number and checkstyle

Simon
Administrator
Hi

You can use the sonar.host.url setting to change the server url to use
on the plugin side.

mvn ch.hortis.sonar:sonar-maven
-plugin:1.0.2:sonar -Dsonar.host.url=http://localhost:8070 should fix
your problem

Regards

On Feb 7, 2008 9:13 PM, David Roussel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
>        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
>        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
>        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)
>        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:659)
>        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:604)
>        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:624)
>        at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:957)
>        at
> ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.getRemoteFile(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:70)
>        at
> ch.hortis.sonar.service.WebInterfaceServiceImpl.callRemoteFile(WebInterfaceServiceImpl.java:87)

Simon Brandhof, +41 78 653 09 49
Hortis, Consulting & Innovation team
Sonar , Open Source Quality Dashboard for Java projects
Try 1.1 BETA1 at http://sonar.hortis.ch