Quantcast

Appending version number to ear file name using Maven

Appending version number to ear file name using Maven

Vijay Krishna Doddala
Dear All,

I have a specific requirement for appending WSDL version that is being consumed by application to the ear filename of the application. As part of this, I am thinking like, to have a version.properties file under WEB-INF folder of the web application. The maven build(for each of the applications jar, war, etc.) POM file should read this properties file and use this version number  while building the respective file. The same should be appended to the ear file in which all these jars, war will be part of.

The properties file will have name-value pair as:
versionInfo = 1.0

Can you please help me out with the sample snippet in POM files which I can use.

Vijay Krishna Doddala.
"Mother tongue is a repository of culture
and makes people what they are
and who they are..."
"If you take your eyes off your goals, all you see is obstacles."
"Every Saint has a past and every sinner has a future".

Re: Appending version number to ear file name using Maven

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Krishna
What does this question has to do with Sonar?

2012/7/2 Vijay Krishna Doddala <[hidden email]>
[...]

Dear Patroklos,

Am sorry that I have sent mail to this group. This query is reg. Maven build. Pls. let me know if I can register to Maven group and ask this question there. My sincere apologies for posting this query here.