Quantcast

Assignment of Rule Violation to an Action Plan

Assignment of Rule Violation to an Action Plan

Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service)

Is it possible to assign “all” violations for a particular rule to an Action Plan?

For example, I would like to assign all of the “Close resource” violations to a plan to help track and organize assignments given to developers. Because this gives me a quick view on the completion rate of the plan.

Currently it appears that I must go to each violation and select  “More actions – Plan” then pick the plan.

Is there a better way?

Larry Smith

Re: Assignment of Rule Violation to an Action Plan

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Larry

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that there is no way for bulk assignments / reviews of same violation...
Maybe Sonar folks have a workaround...
Regards

2012/7/12 Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service) <[hidden email]>

Is it possible to assign “all” violations for a particular rule to an Action Plan?

For example, I would like to assign all of the “Close resource” violations to a plan to help track and organize assignments given to developers. Because this gives me a quick view on the completion rate of the plan.

Currently it appears that I must go to each violation and select  “More actions – Plan” then pick the plan.

Is there a better way?

Larry Smith

Re: Assignment of Rule Violation to an Action Plan

00se
Hello all,

Excuse me for retrieving an old thread, so far I didn't find anything resembling this old post, so that's why I post my reply here.

I too find it usefull to assign an action plan to a violated rule.
Otherwise I would have to perform 23 times the same action to add a AvoidThrowingBasicExceptionsRule to my action plan: "Fix throwing general exceptions" to name something..

Would it be a feasible option to add some sort of context menu to the violated rule which uses the same functionality as what was described by Larry previously?

See attached mockup

Then when assigning to a plan, all 23 violations would be added to the action plan.

Would this be JIRA worthy as a feature request?

I would like to hear your opinion.

BR,

Ed

Re: Assignment of Rule Violation to an Action Plan

Freddy Mallet
Hi Ed,

With Sonar 3.6, such bulk operations on violations will be possible : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3714

Kind regards

<http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/file/n5009821/JIRA_Proposal_.png>

Then when assigning to a plan, all 23 violations would be added to the
action plan.

Would this be JIRA worthy as a feature request?

I would like to hear your opinion.

BR,

Ed

Re: Assignment of Rule Violation to an Action Plan

00se
Hi there Freddy,

That's fantastic news :-)

Thank you for elaborating on this.
Consider my JIRA ticket request as non-written.

BR,

Ed