Quantcast

Can't make sonar-runner work :(

Patroklos Papapetrou
I'm giving sonar-runner a try to perform some Sonar analysis for non-maven projects.

I'm running on a Win7 64-bit machine with 64-bit java
Sonar runner is installed on D:\sonar-runner-1.3 ( No whitespaces )
Java is installed on D:\jdk1.6.0_31 ( again no whitespaces )

Both $JAVA_HOME\bin  and $SONAR_RUNNER_HOME\bin are added in windows path.
When I run sonar-runner.bat I always get the following error (even if I try to run it from its bin folder )
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sonar/runner/Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sonar.runner.Main
Could not find the main class: org.sonar.runner.Main.  Program will exit.

What is really strange is that when I try to run sonar-runner.bet from root folder ( C: or D: ) I get the following Java output
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:....

I am really stuck on this and after a lot of hours test-and-try I finally decided to ask for some help before I switch to Linux :(

Re: Can't make sonar-runner work :(

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Evgeny
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with Service Pack 1 installed. Yes I'am familiar enought with command scripting so I think I can help .

2012/7/4 Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]>
Hi,

[...]

Solution found and It was (as usual) end-user's (that's me) mistake.
After "debugging" the script I found out that I wrongly set SONAR_RUNNER_HOME as d:\sonar-runner-1.3\bin whereas the correct is obviously   d:\sonar-runner-1.3

Thanks again Evgeny for pointing me the script file :)

2012/7/4 Papapetrou P.Patroklos <[hidden email]>
[...]

... because ... lost in translation :)
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2044