Quantcast

Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

mclark_114
System Configuration
Dell 690
OpenSuse 10.3
16G ram
mySQL 5.051

The command I use is:

 mvn org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-maven-plugin::sonar
Resulting in
[INFO] Source directory does not exist - skipping report.
[ERROR] Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project
org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Required goal not found: org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1538)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:386)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:138)
        at ch.hortis.sonar.mvn.SonarMavenEmbedder.execute(SonarMavenEmbedder.java:157)build.log
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Embedded error: Required goal not found: org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Attached is the complete log

Re: Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Cédric Munger-2
Hi.

Are you sure that you are running the 1.1 version of the server ? not the 1.1 beta ?
if you run 1.1-beta you must launch the plugin using :
 mvn org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-maven-plugin:1.1-beta:sonar
 mvn org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-maven-plugin::sonar will launch the latest version (currently 1.1)
which also requires to use that same server version.
I think that this is the problem in your case. We'll add a more meaningful error message
for the next release.
Please let us know if it fixed your issue or not.

Regards

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:40 PM, mclark_114 <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15773230/build.log build.log
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot execute the command
org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Embedded error: Required goal not found:
org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Attached is the complete log

Re: Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

mclark_114
I'll double check all that I'm doing.

BTW I Love your product!!!!!!!!!

Re: Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

Cédric Munger-2
Thanks for the compliment :)

Does your response mean : yes the plugin - server version did not match or
do you still have to check it ?

Regtards

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM, mclark_114 <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll double check all that I'm doing.

BTW I Love your product!!!!!!!!!

Re: Cannot execute the command org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-core-maven-plugin:1.1-beta1:project

mclark_114
Dah ... I was still using the beta. It's working awesome now.

If there is anything I can do to help you all just let me know. This tool has saved me sooo much time it can't even be counted.

FYI I'm a build Engineer and I was just getting ready to implement checkstyle pmd and cobertura maually when I saw this tool. I'm maintaining 5 CruiseControl instances using maven in the multi-module mode with approx 40+ modules at the moment.

Keep up the GREAT work

-Michael Clark
mclark@170systems.com