Quantcast

Communications link failure at analyse (MySQL)

Communications link failure at analyse (MySQL)

dotsilver
Hi

I have sonar 3.1 and sonar-runner 1.3 and I'm trying to use them on my MySQL database of my webhoster. Sonar is working correctly, all tables have been created.
When I'm starting sonar-runner it begins to analys the project, but then it fails with the error below. It looks like a timeout with the database connection. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you very much in advance.

The last packet successfully received from the server was 142'546 milliseconds a
go
.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 17 milliseconds ago.
### Cause: org.apache.ibatis.transaction.TransactionException: Error configuring
 AutoCommit.  Your driver may not support getAutoCommit() or setAutoCommit(). Re
quested setting: false.  Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsEx
ception: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 142'546 milliseconds a
go.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 17 milliseconds ago.
        at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$ComputedUncheckedExce
ption.get(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:3305)
        at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$ComputingValueReferen
ce.compute(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:3441)
        at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$Segment.compute(Custo
mConcurrentHashMap.java:2322)
        at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$Segment.getOrCompute(
CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:2291)
        at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap.getOrCompute(CustomCo
ncurrentHashMap.java:3802)
        at com.google.common.cache.ComputingCache.get(ComputingCache.java:46)
        at com.google.common.cache.AbstractCache.getUnchecked(AbstractCache.java
:49)
        at org.sonar.core.review.ReviewDao.selectOpenByResourceId(ReviewDao.java
:68)
        at org.sonar.plugins.core.sensors.ManualViolationInjector.decorate(Manua
lViolationInjector.java:55)
        at org.sonar.batch.phases.DecoratorsExecutor.executeDecorator(Decorators
Executor.java:79)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: org.apache.ibatis.exceptions.PersistenceException:
### Error opening session.  Cause: org.apache.ibatis.transaction.TransactionExce
ption: Error configuring AutoCommit.  Your driver may not support getAutoCommit(
) or setAutoCommit(). Requested setting: false.  Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exception
s.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 142'546 milliseconds a
go.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 17 milliseconds ago.
### Cause: org.apache.ibatis.transaction.TransactionException: Error configuring
 AutoCommit.  Your driver may not support getAutoCommit() or setAutoCommit(). Re
quested setting: false.  Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsEx
ception: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 142'546 milliseconds a
go.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 17 milliseconds ago.
        at org.apache.ibatis.exceptions.ExceptionFactory.wrapException(Exception
Factory.java:8)
        at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSessionFactory.openSessi
onFromDataSource(DefaultSqlSessionFactory.java:83)
        at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSessionFactory.openSessi
on(DefaultSqlSessionFactory.java:40)
        at org.sonar.core.persistence.MyBatis.openSession(MyBatis.java:142)
        at org.sonar.core.review.ReviewDao.doSelectOpenByResourceId(ReviewDao.ja
va:86)
        at org.sonar.core.review.ReviewDao.access$000(ReviewDao.java:38)
        at org.sonar.core.review.ReviewDao$1.load(ReviewDao.java:49)
        at org.sonar.core.review.ReviewDao$1.load(ReviewDao.java:46)
        at com.google.common.cache.CustomConcurrentHashMap$ComputingValueReferen
ce.compute(CustomConcurrentHashMap.java:3426)
        ... 30 more
Caused by: org.apache.ibatis.transaction.TransactionException: Error configuring
 AutoCommit.  Your driver may not support getAutoCommit() or setAutoCommit(). Re
quested setting: false.  Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsEx
ception: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 142'546 milliseconds a
go.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 17 milliseconds ago.
        at org.apache.ibatis.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.setDesiredAutoComm
it(JdbcTransaction.java:51)
        at org.apache.ibatis.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.<init>(JdbcTransac
tion.java:19)
        at org.apache.ibatis.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransactionFactory.newTransact
ion(JdbcTransactionFactory.java:15)
        at org.apache.ibatis.session.defaults.DefaultSqlSessionFactory.openSessi
onFromDataSource(DefaultSqlSessionFactory.java:78)
        ... 37 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communicatio
ns link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 142'546 milliseconds a
go.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 17 milliseconds ago.

        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1
116)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3102)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:2991)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3532)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2163)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2618)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.setAutoCommit(ConnectionImpl.java:5000)

        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.setAutoCommit(Delegating
Connection.java:371)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.
setAutoCommit(PoolingDataSource.java:328)
        at org.apache.ibatis.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.setDesiredAutoComm
it(JdbcTransaction.java:46)
        ... 40 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Can not read response from server. Expected to
read 4 bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost.
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:2552)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3002)
        ... 49 more

        ... 49 more

Re: Communications link failure at analyse (MySQL)

dotsilver
Hello,

Yes, your link to the issue looks very similar.
In my case it takes (only) 2:33.979s (Total time) to fail.

I have set autoReconnect=true but without success. The sonar settings are the default values:
sonar.jdbc.maxActive: 20
sonar.jdbc.maxIdle: 5
sonar.jdbc.minIdle: 2
sonar.jdbc.maxWait: 5000
sonar.jdbc.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis: 600000
sonar.jdbc.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis: 30000

Any other idea, how I can help you to find the problem?

Kind Regards

Hello,