Quantcast

Default binding phase

Brizic Michael (Nokia-LC/Chicago)
I am trying to located documentation about the sonar:sonar goal.

What I would like is:

1.       Default phase binding

2.       ALL available parameters and/or properties for configuration for a Java maveinzed project

Does this exist, if so where, if not, can someone supply this information?

Thanks,
Mike Brizic

________________________________
The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

winmail.dat (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Default binding phase

Freddy Mallet
Hi Michael,

See my comments below :

I am trying to located documentation about the sonar:sonar goal.
What I would like is:
1.       Default phase binding

There isn't any. But you can manually define such phase with the property "sonar.phase". Example : "mvn sonar:sonar -Dsonar.phase=generate-sources"

2.       ALL available parameters and/or properties for configuration for a Java maveinzed project

Does this exist, if so where, if not, can someone supply this information?

Thanks,
Mike Brizic

________________________________
The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

RE: Default binding phase

Brizic Michael (Nokia-LC/Chicago)
Well, thank you.

What I am also trying to understand by asking about the default binding phase is why sonar:sonar only seems to execute up to and including the test phase.  If I execute "clean install" all of my projects tests (including integration tests) are executed.  However, when I execute sonar:sonar, only unit tests are executed.  It would seem like it mimics the test phase.  Is this true?

See http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analysis+Parameters and <a href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analyzing&#43;with&#43;Maven" target="_blank">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analyzing+with+Maven

[...]

That's not really the case in fact : the sonar goal is not binded to any Maven phase but if you ask Sonar to compute code coverage by unit tests, Sonar explicitly launches the Maven "test" phase

If I execute "clean install" all of my projects tests (including integration tests) are executed.  However, when I execute sonar:sonar, only unit tests are executed.

Indeed as explained above

It would seem like it mimics the test phase.  Is this true?

No it doesn't mimic, it just launches the "test" phase :)

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

Re: Default binding phase

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi guys,

In fact launch of "test" phase is a side effect of launch of cobertura-maven-plugin.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Freddy Mallet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

What I am also trying to understand by asking about the default binding phase is why sonar:sonar only seems to execute up to and including the test phase.

That's not really the case in fact : the sonar goal is not binded to any Maven phase but if you ask Sonar to compute code coverage by unit tests, Sonar explicitly launches the Maven "test" phase

If I execute "clean install" all of my projects tests (including integration tests) are executed.  However, when I execute sonar:sonar, only unit tests are executed.

Indeed as explained above

It would seem like it mimics the test phase.  Is this true?

No it doesn't mimic, it just launches the "test" phase :)

RE: Default binding phase

Brizic Michael (Nokia-LC/Chicago)
Well, I suppose that specific coverage plugin that is configured in the pom determines what sonar:sonar does?

I'm confused by the statement:

"...if you ask Sonar to computer code coverage by unit tests, Sonar explicitly launches the Maven "test" phase." That is what I am asking ... how am I asking Sonar to do that when all I do is type sonar: sonar?