Quantcast

Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Hi,

Ive created a patch for the doxygen plugin. Can i get someone to check it and see if we can get this into the plugin.

DoxSupportC++.patch

Another thing, i was looking into importing the warnings in doxygen into sonar. But ive notice that these are generated as a post job, before proceeding is it possible to create the violations in post jobs?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

[sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

David François
Hi,

I will release the plugin in version 0.1 before the end of week.

You will be able to commit your modification after the release, I would like in the version 0.2 allow the generation for others languages so it's exactly this use-case :)
I have created JIRA ticket : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2194

To log doxygen warnings as violation, I never try to do this, but I think it will be complicate. For me, it's the role of decorator to do this. But I'm not really fan as well to have lot of warning in the sonar log analysis, maybe an improvement will be to redirect log writings into a dedicated log file rather than the standard output.

Regards,
David FRANCOIS
De : jmecosta [[hidden email]]
Date d'envoi : mercredi 29 août 2012 16:22
À : [hidden email]
Objet : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/file/n5002461/DoxSupportC%2B%2B.patch
DoxSupportC++.patch

Another thing, i was looking into importing the warnings in doxygen into
sonar. But ive notice that these are generated as a post job, before
proceeding is it possible to create the violations in post jobs?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Costa

Think green - keep it on the screen.

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Hi,

Having the warnings in log or stdout is not really helpful l, since some warnings are actually valid and would be a nice feature in the plugin itself. Having that said, in terms of implementation, i think then the generation of the documentation would need to be moved to before the decorator and capture the stdout and process it at that level. The decorator would than only save the measures. I guess this is something that can be available for versions 0.3 if we discuss this a bit better. I could prototype something to see how it works. For this to work a rules profile will need to be set, but i guess this isnt a big thing to do.

Please let me know once i can commit the changes to 0.1 assuming you agree with them.

Regards

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

David François
Hi,

Maven release done.
You can commit your modification when you want.

Regards,
David FRANCOIS

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Ok good,

Now need to have permissions to do that :).  Can someone give me those, thanks.

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Eric Hartmann-2
Hi Jorge,

In order to have commit access to sonar-plugins, you need an account on xircles.codehaus.org.
Please create your account and let me know your login, I'll give you access to the repository.

Cheers,

Eric Hartmann

On 31 August 2012 15:40, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok good,

Now need to have permissions to do that :).  Can someone give me those,
thanks.

Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Hi,

Tried to do the register but seems that there was problems with the creation
of the account. I wanted to register the login jmecosta with email
jmecosta@gmail.com but failed to do that. There were messages like this:

"
no email

We're sorry, but you can't sign in until you've verified at least one email
address.

or
no associated user
Bad news we're afraid!

That email address is registered, however it is not associated with a
Codehaus account.

You'll need to try another email address or contact Codehaus Support.
"

Still did not see any messages on my email on to do this.

Regards

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Eric Hartmann-2
Hi Jorge,

Could you contact Codehaus support that may help you to resolve this issue.
You will find the information here : http://www.codehaus.org/support/

Best regards,

Eric Hartmann

On 31 August 2012 19:06, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Tried to do the register but seems that there was problems with the creation
of the account. I wanted to register the login jmecosta with email
[hidden email] but failed to do that. There were messages like this:

"
no email

We're sorry, but you can't sign in until you've verified at least one email
address.

or
no associated user
Bad news we're afraid!

That email address is registered, however it is not associated with a
Codehaus account.

You'll need to try another email address or contact Codehaus Support.
"

Still did not see any messages on my email on to do this.

Regards

Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Ok,

Ive created a new account and my login is:
jorge_costa

Thanks and Regards

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

ehartmann
Administrator
Hi Jorge,

I've added you as plugin developer on Codehaus, you can now commit directly to subversion sourcecode.

Cheers,

Eric Hartmann

On 3 September 2012 12:02, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok,

Ive created a new account and my login is:
jorge_costa

Thanks and Regards

Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Hi David,

Changes have been commit. Can someone verify and give comments.

Cheers

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

David François
Hi Jorge,

I have updated your modification.
After build the new snapshot, without modification of my configuration, I have now a NPE when I want to analyse my project.
Because I didn't set a value to the new property 'sonar.doxygen.path'. Why have you added a new property to define the path of doxygen executable rather than define this property in an environment variable as this is described in the documentation?

After, about your second property (path to the doxygen configuration file used for the doc generation), why do you need this property?
Because I had thought to do the same thing at the beginning but you let the possibility to have errors (for example, you can define the generation of latex doc rather than html doc and you won't be able to see the doc in your web interface). So I have preferred let the plugin to generate the configuration file and overwrite some properties into it.

Just 2 comments about your code:
- Avoid the test like:
if (condition) return true;
return false;
- Think to close the differents flows in the overwriteWithCustomConfiguration method to prevent memory leak.

Regards,
David FRANCOIS

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Hi David,

I added the sonar.doxygen.path since it was braking my build, and i dont like messing with environment variables that much (force of habit). I though the modification was done in such a way that it reverts to the PATH if not defined.

For the second change, we are having some specific properties that the plugin does not support. Of course all the properties in sonar can break one analysis and they should always be used carefully. I really think this feature is useful to the plugin but than again....... All the stuff that can brake the doc can be added to the ignoretags so i guess pdf should be there also.

So in summary: should i remove the two changes you mentioned? And update the code review comments of course.

BR,

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

David François
For the first property, I don't know, I'm not convinced by this property.

But for the second one, no, if you think it's useful, no problem.
I don't have a lot of experience with doxygen and only with Java projects so when I have implemented the plugin, I have customized the configuration file only for Java and thought that only doxygen graph generation property should be defined as sonar property. But I think it's a good idea to have this 2 ways to define configuration (use default configuration or custom configuration).

Regards,
David FRANCOIS

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa
Ok than, i will update only the first one. Since for me its also a bit o laziness to set it in the path.

I will check in a new version than tomorrow and update the wiki with the new property
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

RE: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Doxygen Plugin - Support for C++ Community

Jorge Costa

Changes have been commit, so when you have a bit of time please confirm is now working properly.

Regards

Jorge Costa
Best Regards
Jorge Costa