Quantcast

Eclipse Sonar Plugin - Can't configure server

Ron

Eclipse Sonar Plugin - Can't configure server

Ron
Hi everyone,

I've recently set up our Sonar server and it seems fairly great.

I'd like to test the Sonar Plugin for Eclipse, but I encounter a problem with it.
When I add a new server with our Sonar URL (with the proper credentials), and test the connection, I get an "Unable to connect." error. When I try to test the connection to the nemo server, it works fine.
There's nothing apparent in the logs either.

Configuration information - Client:
Win7 - 64bit
Eclipse 3.7.2 - 64bit
Java 7_02 - 64bit
Sonar Plugin - 2.3.0

Configuration information - Server:
Centos 6 - 64bit
Sonar - 2.13.1
Java 7_02 - 64bit

Ron

Re: Eclipse Sonar Plugin - Can't configure server

Freddy Mallet
Hi Ron,

The only possible explanation is that your Eclipse is configured with a proxy badly supported by the Sonar Eclipse plugin when accessing a Sonar server located in your intranet.

What's your network connections configuration in Eclipse ?

Ron

Re: Eclipse Sonar Plugin - Can't configure server

Ron
Hi Freddy,

We don't use a proxy in our office (and I don't have one otherwise defined in Eclipse). I've tried changing the network settings in Eclipse, but alas at no avail.

Do you have any other suggestions? I'd really like to see the plugin in action.

Thanks,
Ron

On Mon, Mar 12, <a href="tel:2012" value="+9722012" target="_blank">2012 at 10:34 PM, Ron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've recently set up our Sonar server and it seems fairly great.

I'd like to test the Sonar Plugin for Eclipse, but I encounter a problem with it.
When I add a new server with our Sonar URL (with the proper credentials), and test the connection, I get an "Unable to connect." error. When I try to test the connection to the nemo server, it works fine.
There's nothing apparent in the logs either.

Configuration information - Client:
Win7 - 64bit
Eclipse 3.7.2 - 64bit
Java 7_02 - 64bit
Sonar Plugin - 2.3.0

Configuration information - Server:
Centos 6 - 64bit
Sonar - <a href="tel:2.13.1" value="+9722131" target="_blank">2.13.1

Ron

Re: Eclipse Sonar Plugin - Can't configure server

Ron
Okay, this may be a little embarrassing.

The test-connection itself indeed doesn't work, but when I ignored the message, I managed to attach the projects to the Sonar server.
Just for completion, I was trying the one for the analysis and not the Mylyn one since we don't use Mylyn (unfortunately).

This is definitely an amazing tool that will assist us in generating better code.
Is there a place to open suggestions for the Sonar plugin for eclipse?

Hi,