Quantcast

First release of 1.1 BETA

Simon
Administrator
We are pleased to announce that the first 1.1 BETA release is now
available. Major features and enhancements are :

- the "time machine", to manage past measures of a project. You can
tag a day ("release 1.0″ or all other kind of event), display past
dashboards and compare measures from different days/tags.
- select the indicators to display on the homepage
- new unit test indicators : success ratio, number of errors/failures
- administration features are secured by an authentication system.
- management of checkstyle and PMD extensions
- better management of coding rules thanks to profiles
- upgrade to PMD 4.1, with more than 20 new coding rules
- no more jdbc driver configuration into pom.xml. It is automaticaly
downloaded from the server.
- and more than 50 enhancements and bug fixes !

This is the first release since our migration to codehaus. The license
is Lesser GPL instead of previous GPL.

Note that this is a BETA release. We offer no guarantees about the
reliability and the compatibility with the final 1.1 release. Moreover
documentation is not finalized.

We're waiting for your feedback.

Download : http://sonar.hortis.ch/download/sonar-1.1-beta1.zip
Release notes :
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&fixfor=13938&pid=11694&sorter/field=resolution&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=status&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
Migration guide from 1.0 :
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Migration+from+1.0+to+1.1
Administration guide :
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Installation+guide+1.1

The Sonar team

Re: First release of 1.1 BETA

Marcin Zajączkowski
On 2008-01-24 17:25, Simon Brandhof wrote:

> We are pleased to announce that the first 1.1 BETA release is now
> available. Major features and enhancements are :
>
> - the "time machine", to manage past measures of a project. You can
> tag a day ("release 1.0″ or all other kind of event), display past
> dashboards and compare measures from different days/tags.
> - select the indicators to display on the homepage
> - new unit test indicators : success ratio, number of errors/failures
> - administration features are secured by an authentication system.
> - management of checkstyle and PMD extensions
> - better management of coding rules thanks to profiles
> - upgrade to PMD 4.1, with more than 20 new coding rules
> - no more jdbc driver configuration into pom.xml. It is automaticaly
> downloaded from the server.
> - and more than 50 enhancements and bug fixes !
(...)

> We're waiting for your feedback.

Well, I set up sonar on Friday and it have been working fine for a few
days with automatic builds. The "time machine" is very useful to compare
specified stages of development.
I tested it only with Derby, but I believe downloading JDBC drivers
works fine and it's very convenient to use with project in which you
don't have an ability to change pom (like testing Sonar with open source
applications).

I will be playing with new Sonar more this week and report noticed
issues (if any). There are more interesting features introduced in that
version than highlighted by me above.

Thanks for your effort!

Marcin

P.S. Could you tell me why you set message encoding to ISO-2022-JP ;)

Re: First release of 1.1 BETA

Simon
Administrator
Hello Marcin,

Thank you, your feedback is much appreciated !

And where do you see ISO-2022-JP ??

Simon

On 2008-01-24 17:25, Simon Brandhof wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that the first 1.1 BETA release is now
> available. Major features and enhancements are :
>
> - the "time machine", to manage past measures of a project. You can
> tag a day ("release 1.0″ or all other kind of event), display past
> dashboards and compare measures from different days/tags.
> - select the indicators to display on the homepage
> - new unit test indicators : success ratio, number of errors/failures
> - administration features are secured by an authentication system.
> - management of checkstyle and PMD extensions
> - better management of coding rules thanks to profiles
> - upgrade to PMD 4.1, with more than 20 new coding rules
> - no more jdbc driver configuration into pom.xml. It is automaticaly
> downloaded from the server.
> - and more than 50 enhancements and bug fixes !
(...)

> We're waiting for your feedback.

Well, I set up sonar on Friday and it have been working fine for a few
days with automatic builds. The "time machine" is very useful to compare
specified stages of development.
I tested it only with Derby, but I believe downloading JDBC drivers
works fine and it's very convenient to use with project in which you
don't have an ability to change pom (like testing Sonar with open source
applications).

I will be playing with new Sonar more this week and report noticed
issues (if any). There are more interesting features introduced in that
version than highlighted by me above.

Thanks for your effort!

Marcin

P.S. Could you tell me why you set message encoding to ISO-2022-JP ;)

Re: First release of 1.1 BETA

Simon
Administrator
Oh well, I sent the email from gmail. I don't know why it's japanese encoded...
Everybody can make mistakes, even google !