Quantcast

Fwd: Re: [sonar-user] PHP Coverage

Ranjit
Hello,

All these are talking about the coverage for an project which is maven enabled, as mentioned
my application is not mavenized not in a mood to make it maven based.

So kindly suggest me in this direction.

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: Re: [sonar-user] PHP Coverage

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Ranjit
Then this is what you're looking for.

2012/7/3 Ranjit <[hidden email]>
Hello,

All these are talking about the coverage for an project which is maven enabled, as mentioned
my application is not mavenized not in a mood to make it maven based.

So kindly suggest me in this direction.

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: PHP Coverage

Ranjit
Thanks Patroklos.

I will try this.

Ranjit

2012/7/3 Ranjit <[hidden email]>
Hello,

All these are talking about the coverage for an project which is maven enabled, as mentioned
my application is not mavenized not in a mood to make it maven based.

So kindly suggest me in this direction.

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: Re: [sonar-user] PHP Coverage

Hi guys,

If my understanding correct, then original question was more about unit tests for PHP in Sonar.
And again if my understanding correct, then Sonar PHP Plugin is able to execute PHPUnit which generates coverage report, which then parsed and injected into Sonar. This feature should be available even without Maven - see http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/PHP+analysis+with+the+Sonar+Runner Also seems that there is no support for other coverage engines.

Hope this will help.

2012/7/3 Ranjit <[hidden email]>
Hello,

All these are talking about the coverage for an project which is maven enabled, as mentioned
my application is not mavenized not in a mood to make it maven based.

So kindly suggest me in this direction.

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: PHP Coverage

Ranjit
YES EXACTLY.

We have an selenium script written, which we want to execute as part of regression testing & get the code covered as part of the test script execution.

Not clear with below statement

 Also seems that there is no support for other coverage engines.

if you elobrate it more, it will be helpful.

Thanks lot for response.

Ranjit

2012/7/3 Ranjit <[hidden email]>
Hello,

All these are talking about the coverage for an project which is maven enabled, as mentioned
my application is not mavenized not in a mood to make it maven based.

So kindly suggest me in this direction.

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: PHP Coverage

Evgeny Mandrikov
I'm not Sonar PHP Plugin developer (yet?) and not PHP expert , so might be wrong, but seems that :
  • Sonar PHP Plugin able to execute PHPUnit and parse coverage report generated by PHPUnit
  • you can configure Sonar PHP Plugin to not execute PHPUnit, but you still will have an option to see coverage in Sonar, if your scripts is able to generate coverage report independently before execution of Sonar and in PHPUnit format
  • no other options available

2012/7/3 Ranjit <[hidden email]>
Hello,

All these are talking about the coverage for an project which is maven enabled, as mentioned
my application is not mavenized not in a mood to make it maven based.

So kindly suggest me in this direction.

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: PHP Coverage

Akram Ben Aissi

Hi all,

Evgeny, you are correct. In case of reusing pre-generated PHP unit coverage reports, one have to ensure that the PHPUnit version used to generate the reports is compatible with the one specified on Sonar PHP Plugin page. Different versions seem to have different formats or behaviour.

Greetings
Akram