Quantcast

Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi
Hi,

I have enabled PMD Unit test rules in one of the quality project. But the same is not working
The analysis is not happening using these rules. Have tried all the options listed in the website
Required help on the same.

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

David Racodon-2
Hi Sumana,

Could you a bit more specific so we can try and help you?
How do you know that those PMD rules are not used?
Did you make sure that your project has been analyzed with the quality profile on which you activated those rules?
Is it a Maven project?
Etc.

Thank you

On 20 June 2012 14:20, Sumana Gargi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have enabled PMD Unit test rules in one of the quality project. But the same is not working
The analysis is not happening using these rules. Have tried all the options listed in the website
Required help on the same.

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi
Hi David,
   I am using sonar runner for analyzing the project. I have create a profile by coping the sonarway and activated the PMDUnitTestsrule and set it as default.
In my sonar-runner.properties i have specified the following property also: sonar.profile=SonarwaywithPMDUnitTests.
In the runner console i am seeing the logs parsing the following files:
Checkstyle configuration: C:\sonar-runner-1.3\bin\.sonar\checkstyle.xml
C:\sonar-runner-1.3\bin\.sonar\pmd.xml

which is present .sonar folder in the execution path I suppose runner only has created but the following xml is not found in the same path:
pmd-unit-tests.xml

Correct me if am wrong the above unit test xml also should be generated automatically. I tried pasting the xml in the .sonar path and executed the runner but still it is not picking the file.

Need your help in debugging the issue.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sumana,

Could you a bit more specific so we can try and help you?
How do you know that those PMD rules are not used?
Did you make sure that your project has been analyzed with the quality profile on which you activated those rules?
Is it a Maven project?
Etc.

Thank you

On 20 June 2012 14:20, Sumana Gargi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have enabled PMD Unit test rules in one of the quality project. But the same is not working
The analysis is not happening using these rules. Have tried all the options listed in the website
Required help on the same.

Sumana Gargi

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

David Racodon-2
Hi Sumana,

Have you tell Sonar where the tests are located by setting the tests with the paths to test source directories?

Thank you

On 20 June 2012 18:33, Sumana Gargi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi

Hi David,
  I had tried giving the property as tests and sonar.tests it didnt work.
let me know the correct property.
On Jun 20, 2012 10:21 PM, "David Racodon" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sumana,
>
> Have you tell Sonar where the tests are located by setting the tests with the paths to test source directories?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards,
>
> David RACODON | SonarSource
> Senior Consultant
> http://sonarsource.com
>

> On 20 June 2012 18:33, Sumana Gargi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi David,
>>    I am using sonar runner for analyzing the project. I have create a profile by coping the sonarway and activated the PMDUnitTestsrule and set it as default.
>> In my sonar-runner.properties i have specified the following property also: sonar.profile=SonarwaywithPMDUnitTests.
>> In the runner console i am seeing the logs parsing the following files:
>> Checkstyle configuration: C:\sonar-runner-1.3\bin\.sonar\checkstyle.xml
>> C:\sonar-runner-1.3\bin\.sonar\pmd.xml
>>
>> which is present .sonar folder in the execution path I suppose runner only has created but the following xml is not found in the same path:
>> pmd-unit-tests.xml
>>
>> Correct me if am wrong the above unit test xml also should be generated automatically. I tried pasting the xml in the .sonar path and executed the runner but still it is not picking the file.
>>
>> Need your help in debugging the issue.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sumana,
>>>
>>> Could you a bit more specific so we can try and help you?
>>> How do you know that those PMD rules are not used?
>>> Did you make sure that your project has been analyzed with the quality profile on which you activated those rules?
>>> Is it a Maven project?
>>> Etc.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> David RACODON | SonarSource
>>> Senior Consultant
>>> http://sonarsource.com

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sebastian Marek
Can you attach console output please?

Regards

--
Sebastian Marek
Follow me online at:

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

As you don't seem to follow any documentation, I recommend you to have a look at: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analyzing+with+Sonar+Runner
and to play with the following example that should now completely answer your needs: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-examples/tree/master/projects/languages/java/java-sonar-runner

--
Sebastian Marek
Follow me online at:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/proofek

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi
Hi David,

    I went through the url provided by you and now the unit-tests is being scanned as per the logs. But in this i am facing another problem , i am able to see one or two test classes only and some times those  class will be shown and sometimes it doesn't appear  in the dashboard. Is there any separate widget that needs to be configured for viewing.

The java class and junit class have same package structure but different source folder

The Class under test and the test class both have same package structure src and testsrc are

Hi,

--
Sebastian Marek
Follow me online at:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/proofek

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi
Adding to the below mail If i search i am able to see some files.

--
Sebastian Marek
Follow me online at:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/proofek

Sumana Gargi

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Could you please be a bit clearer? On which dashboard? From which widget?
Are you aware that Sonar only displays files with issues regarding the chosen quality axis . For example, if you drill down through the Violations widget, Sonar will only display files with violations; if you drill down through the Duplication widget, Sonar will only displays files with duplications. If not, I recommend you to have a deep look at the documentation:  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Documentation

--
Sebastian Marek
Follow me online at:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/proofek

Sumana Gargi

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi
Hi David,
    In violations section I am able to see only one or two test files. Others test files have same violation but it is not showing in those files as violations.

Hi,

--
Sebastian Marek
Follow me online at:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/proofek

Sumana Gargi

Sumana Gargi

Sumana Gargi

Re: Help on PMD Unit test

Sumana Gargi
Hi David,

I got to know why the violations did not come into picture for some files.
In some files i was using assert statements like Assert.assertEquals in those files the violations where not applied.