Quantcast

How to check text and property files with Sonar

How to check text and property files with Sonar

bakaibalazs
Hy!

What is the preferred way the analyzation of simple text and property files with sonar?
Which Sonar plugin should I use?

Thanks.

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

bakaibalazs
Any suggestion?

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Balazs
What kind of property files you need to check? What would you like to analyze? What's your case?

2012/7/11 bbalazs <[hidden email]>
Any suggestion?

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

bakaibalazs
This post was updated on .
Hello!

Application specific property files, like: log4j.properties. In my case I'd like to check that the log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=1MB line is in log4j.properties and no another log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize= line in this file.

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi

I am afraid that there is no such a plugin.

2012/7/11 bbalazs <[hidden email]>
Hello!

Application specific property files, like: log4j.properties. In my case I'd
like to check that the /log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=1MB/ line is in
log4j.properties.

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

bakaibalazs

ok. Can you give me some hint for writting a plugin for this issue?

Thanks.

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

gjd6640
Update request:  Is this type of plugin available now? I'd like to scan the same sort of properties files for certain questionable property settings.

Re: How to check text and property files with Sonar

bakaibalazs
This post was updated on .
No, this plugin has not available yet, but I started to develop this property checker plugin with Sonar SSLR, but it has no exact release date yet, maybe weeks or months.