Quantcast

[Hudson Plugin] What happened to "Check if this project is NOT built with maven 2"?

[Hudson Plugin] What happened to "Check if this project is NOT built with maven 2"?

Alexander, Louis

All,

                I recently set up a new Hudson server, and in doing so picked the Sonar plug-in, 1.8, for my new installation.  My older Hudson server is running Sonar plug-in 1.6.1 and has a very handily "Check if this project is NOT built with maven 2." configuration subsection.

I do not see this configuration subsection on 1.8- has it been removed?  Or must I do something special to enable it?

Thanks,

Louis

</pre>

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary
to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith
is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from your computer.

</pre>

Re: [Hudson Plugin] What happened to "Check if this project is NOT built with maven 2"?

Ann Campbell
For non-Maven projects, it's now a Build Step.

I suspect this is an unintended side effect, but it means you can execute as many analyses during a run as you like, so for a web project with multiple languages, you no longer have to have multiple jobs! (e.g. one for Java, one for JavaScript, one for XML &etc.)

HTH
Ann

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Alexander, Louis <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Time machine and c++

Spencer
Thanks for the help last week on DB2/UDB and Sonar.   Your comments help me to finally get permission to install PostgreSQL.  Things are going well.   I executed the sonar runner against our c++ project and all the metrics are there and seem to be reassonable.

However, I did run across two questions I could not find in the archives:

My time machine dashboard is not providing a count for classes.   We have a methods count - just not a class count.  I am supposing there is some regular expression that describes what a class is and for some reason that is not getting tripped as it crawls across our code base.    Can anyone wager a guess as to why this might be occuring and how I might "fix" it?

I must sheepishly admit I can not find soemthing I feel like I am overlooking.  How do you add file extensions to the 'c' plug-in?   In our 'c' project, files with embedded SQL have the extension *.sc and I need to add this extension so sonar will run these files.

Thanks so much in advance!

Spencer

Re: Time machine and c++

Waleri Enns
Hi Spencer,

On 07/02/2012 06:01 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks for the help last week on DB2/UDB and Sonar.   Your comments
> help me to finally get permission to install PostgreSQL.  Things are
> going well.   I executed the sonar runner against our c++ project and
> all the metrics are there and seem to be reassonable.
>
> However, I did run across two questions I could not find in the
> archives:
>
> My time machine dashboard is not providing a count for classes.   We
> have a methods count - just not a class count.  I am supposing there
> is some regular expression that describes what a class is and for
> some reason that is not getting tripped as it crawls across our code
> base.    Can anyone wager a guess as to why this might be occuring
> and how I might "fix" it?

The class count metric is simply not available at this point for
c++-code. This might change after we integrate an own lexer/parser
infrastructure into the plugin.