Quantcast

Importing rules from one Sonar instance to another

Importing rules from one Sonar instance to another

McIver, James X

Hi,

We have two Sonar instances, one at version 2.12 and the other at version 3.0.

I was trying to use the rules from the 2.12 instance in the 3.0 instance so that they are all the same.  However, when I create my new profile (in the version 3.0 Sonar), I get the following error:

Checkstyle filters are not imported: SuppressionCommentFilter
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/com.jpmorgan.fea.fast.dei.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.complexity.ComplexityCheckRangeFour' not found
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/com.jpmorgan.fea.fast.dei.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.complexity.ComplexityCheckRangeTwo' not found
Checkstyle rule with config key 'Checker/TreeWalker/com.jpmorgan.fea.fast.dei.sonar.plugins.checkstyle.complexity.ComplexityCheckRangeOne' not found  [hide]

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong here ?

I got copies of the checkstyle, findbugs and pmd XML files from the 2.12 Sonar and used "Create" on the 3.0 Sonar to try to create my new profile.

Hopefully, there's just something simple I'm not doing properly.

Would appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,

Jim

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.

Re: Importing rules from one Sonar instance to another

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Jim
I think that the rules you are importing don't exist in Sonar 3.0. From the key values I can figure out that these rules are custom, probably created by you in Sonar 2.12.
A workaround would be to remove them from Sonar 2.12 profile, import CheckStyle.xml in the new profile of Sonar 3.10 and then create again the missing rules

Regards

2012/6/29 McIver, James X <[hidden email]>

[...]

Thanks - looks like the team in charge of the 2.12 Sonar instance have created these rules specially.  I'll speak to them.

Many thanks.