Quantcast

Infinite loop with flex plugin v1.1

JP Chemali
Hi all,

I just stumbled into an infinite loop while using flex plugin version 1.1. The underlying AS parser (PMDFlex) can't get out of a statement such as

    public class MDIWindow extends Panel  /*implements Slot, Slot0*/
    {
    }

As far as I can debug the thing, it looks like it reads the comment as a single token following the class declaration then strains to look for the left curly bracket in it, ending in an infinite loop. Looks like a bug in AS3Parser.parseClass to me, anyone encountered this? I know it's trivial to fix, but hard to understand (as it is not a recursive loop, it ran 2 days in a row in my case :-)

As this is not per se a bug in the flex plugin, I'm not sure if I need to enter an issue on the plugin itself....

Re: Infinite loop with flex plugin v1.1

Freddy Mallet
Hello JP,

During the last development sprint on the Flex plugin we've removed the dependency on the FlexMetrics library and now the next goal is to remove dependency on the FlexPMD library by "migrating" all existing FlexPMD rules on our SSLR framework. I guess at least 2 versions are still required to reach this goal but we're already on the way. So indeed, we won't work to fix this bug on the FlexPMD library we're doing our best to remove this dependency on the FlexPMD library ASAP.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM, JP Chemali <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll keep my eyes open when the next two versions come out :-)
I'm not in a hurry for a fix, as I said it's trivial... as long as you know what to look for, so no need for an issue then?

Best regards
Jp

Re: Infinite loop with flex plugin v1.1

Freddy Mallet
Hi Jp,

Feel free to create a JIRA ticket at least to share this limitation with other user of the Flex plugin.

Done! I entered http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-2051, thanks for your help