Quantcast

Is it possible to have a differential view for the "complexity" and "duplicated lines" metrics ?

Is it possible to have a differential view for the "complexity" and "duplicated lines" metrics ?

MAQUET Nicolas     AWL-T&P

Hello Sonar users,

The “violations drilldown” is very useful to identify which resources are responsible for a recent increase in the number of violations.

Is it possible with Sonar to have a similar screen for the “complexity” and “duplicated lines” metrics ?

Currently, when the number of duplicated lines increases suddenly, I find it very hard to track down which set of files is responsible for the increase.

Thanks,

blue_strip
Nicolas Maquet

Software Engineer
Technology and Products > DEP
Tel. +32 (2) 727 61 68

Fax +32 (2) 727 62 50

[hidden email]

Chaussée de Haecht 1442 Haachtsesteenweg
1130 Brussels

Belgium
www.atosworldline.be - www.banksys.com

atos_logotype

Atos Worldline SA/NV - Chaussee de Haecht 1442 Haachtsesteenweg
- 1130 Brussels - Belgium
RPM-RPR Bruxelles-Brussel - TVA-BTW BE 0418.547.872
Bankrekening-Compte Bancaire-Bank Account 310-0269424-44
BIC BBRUBEBB - IBAN BE55 3100 2694 2444

"The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment thereto is confidential and may contain information which is protected by intellectual property rights.
This information is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above.
This e-mail does not constitute any binding relationship or offer toward any of the addressees.
If you are not one of the addressees , one of their employees or a proxy holder entitled to hand over this message to the addressee(s), any use of the information contained herein (e.g. reproduction, divulgation, communication or distribution,...) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and destroy it immediately after.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which we accept no liability."

Re: Is it possible to have a differential view for the "complexity" and "duplicated lines" metrics ?

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Nicolas
Clicking on any metric shown in dashboard widgets you get the drill down view for the relevant metric

Regards

2012/8/13 MAQUET Nicolas AWL-T&P <[hidden email]>

Hello Sonar users,

The “violations drilldown” is very useful to identify which resources are responsible for a recent increase in the number of violations.

Is it possible with Sonar to have a similar screen for the “complexity” and “duplicated lines” metrics ?

Currently, when the number of duplicated lines increases suddenly, I find it very hard to track down which set of files is responsible for the increase.

Thanks,

blue_strip
Nicolas Maquet

Software Engineer
Technology and Products > DEP
Tel. <a href="tel:%2B32%20%282%29%20727%2061%2068" value="+3227276168" target="_blank">+32 (2) 727 61 68

Fax <a href="tel:%2B32%20%282%29%20727%2062%2050" value="+3227276250" target="_blank">+32 (2) 727 62 50

[...]

Hello Patroklos,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I believe you are referring to the page with a URL that looks like this :

http://sonar/drilldown/measures/936?metric=complexity

Unfortunately, on my installation, there is no drop-down selection on that screen that allows me to have a view “over 5 days”, or “over 30 days”, etc.

Do I need to do something special to enable the differential views ? I’m using Sonar with the C plugin, by the way.

Regards,

Nicolas

Clicking on any metric shown in dashboard widgets you get the drill down view for the relevant metric

Regards

2012/8/13 MAQUET Nicolas AWL-T&P <[hidden email]>

Hello Sonar users,

The “violations drilldown” is very useful to identify which resources are responsible for a recent increase in the number of violations.

Is it possible with Sonar to have a similar screen for the “complexity” and “duplicated lines” metrics ?

Currently, when the number of duplicated lines increases suddenly, I find it very hard to track down which set of files is responsible for the increase.

Thanks,

blue_strip
Nicolas Maquet

Software Engineer
Technology and Products > DEP
Tel. <a href="tel:%2B32%20%282%29%20727%2061%2068" target="_blank">+32 (2) 727 61 68

Fax <a href="tel:%2B32%20%282%29%20727%2062%2050" target="_blank">+32 (2) 727 62 50

[...]

David Racodon-2
Hi Nicolas,

Is it possible with Sonar to have a similar screen for the “complexity” and “duplicated lines” metrics ?

No, there is no differential view on complexity or duplicated lines.
To achieve your use case, you need to activate rules related to these metrics. Then you'll get violations and thus be able to use differential views.