Quantcast

Maven site link into sonar dashboard

d.cr
Hello

Is it possible to show a url link to the target/site/index.html file in the sonar dashboard, in case of maven build ?

Thanks for your answer

Didier

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

Simon Brandhof
Hi Didier,

You should have a look at this maven plugin : http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Maven+Report+Plugin

Regards

On 14 June 2012 12:43, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

Is it possible to show a url link to the target/site/index.html file in the sonar dashboard, in case of maven build ?

Thanks for your answer

Didier

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

d.cr
Thanks, but
- is it compatible with maven 3 (in maven 3, the reporting section of the pom file is moved to the build section) ?
- still, my need it to have a link from sonar to maven site report. This sonar maven plugin gives the opposite

Regards

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Didier

I don't think there is a way (that is plugin) to add a link from Sonar to Maven's site :)

3b6f31d1bd7931107a033c21e0d9bf7b689af573

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

- is it compatible with maven 3 (in maven 3, the reporting section of the pom file is moved to the build section) ?

I don't know

- still, my need it to have a link from sonar to maven site report. This sonar maven plugin gives the opposite

Oh well you're right ! In that case the solution is to simply use the service "Links" in project settings. The links are displayed in the widget "Description".

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

d.cr
Thanks for your help, I'll try this !
Didier

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

Olivier Gaudin-2
Hi Didier,

Out of interest, what is your use case ?

Thanks

Olivier

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your help, I'll try this !
Didier

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

d.cr
Hi Olivier

I would simply like to have a link from the Sonar dashboard of a project, to the maven generated site (with the mvn site command). Jenkins provides this link for maven project, in case the "maven 2 project plugin" is installed.

The trick is that in case of a static html site, the "file//" protocol is required, whereas for a dynamic site, a local web server jetty is required

Thanks

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

Olivier Gaudin-2
Hi Didier,

I guess my question was more : what are the information of the maven site you are missing in Sonar ?

Thanks

Olivier

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Olivier

I would simply like to have a link from the Sonar dashboard of a project, to the maven generated site (with the mvn site command). Jenkins provides this link for maven project, in case the "maven 2 project plugin" is installed.

The trick is that in case of a static html site, the "file//" protocol is required, whereas for a dynamic site, a local web server jetty is required

Thanks

Re: Maven site link into sonar dashboard

d.cr
Salut Olivier

Would be usefull to provide analytical informations (such as call graphs, Xref, javadocs and so on)
In fact, maven site gives the opportunity (through doxia tools) to document the report with images (png files for ex), connect the static report to static html documentation renderings. Maven site run provides also a jetty mini web server for remote rendering.
Since sonar embeds jetty, may be it could be possible to do the same !

On my side, I provide a HTML/CSS/ASPX source analyzer. The reporting is both on maven site and sonar plugin.(http://www.qualitesys.com/PrestaShop/)
Images such as call graphs or navigation graphs for web pages are "easy" to build.
Hardcopy of web pages also.
I want to show these images within sonar navigation / placeholders(onglets)

Can you provide informations to adapt sonar plugin for this purpose ?

Thanks a lot