Quantcast

Not able to run JUnit tests

jignesh patel
Hi,

I am trying to set up Sonar so that code it can run unit tests. It seems to be analyzing the source code but does not run the unit tests.

I have set below property in sonar-project.properties file.

  1. sources=src/main/java
  2. tests=src/test/java

In order for unit tests to run, do I need to set up code coverage too?

Is there any other settings do I need to do to be able to run unit tests?

Thanks,

Jignesh

Re: Not able to run JUnit tests

Freddy Mallet
Hi Jignesh,

The ability for Sonar to automatically execute unit tests and to compute code coverage is only available when using the Sonar Maven plugin. With the Sonar standalone runner, this feature is not available.

But as the sources of your project are located in the src/main/java directory, looks like your project is based on maven, so using this Sonar Maven plugin should be straightforward.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM, jignesh patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to set up Sonar so that code it can run unit tests. It seems to be analyzing the source code but does not run the unit tests.

I have set below property in sonar-project.properties file.

  1. sources=src/main/java
  2. tests=src/test/java

In order for unit tests to run, do I need to set up code coverage too?

Is there any other settings do I need to do to be able to run unit tests?

Thanks,

Jignesh

Re: Not able to run JUnit tests

jignesh patel
Hi Freddy,

I guess sonar standalone runner works best for me.  Is there a way to execute unit tests and compute code coverage with sonar standalone runner?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks,
Jignesh

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Freddy Mallet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

No that was my point, this is only possible with the Sonar Maven plugin. If your java project is not based on Maven this is your responsibility to generate such reports.

[...]

I have generated both unit tests results and cobertura coverage report in XML.

This is what I set in sonar-project.properties file :

sonar.dynamicAnalysis=reuseReports
sonar.surefire.reportsPath=/Users/User1/Documents/tmp/surefire-reports
sonar.core.codeCoveragePlugin=cobertura
sonar.cobertura.reportPath=/Users/User1/Documents/tmp/Summary/coverage.xml

It shows unit tests results but does not show code coverage reports.

Inline image 1

Note: In logs I see that coverage.xml file is being parsed.

16:11:02.748 INFO  p.PhasesTimeProfiler - Sensor CoberturaSensor...
16:11:02.749 INFO  .p.c.CoberturaSensor - parsing /Users/User1/Documents/tmp/Summary/coverage.xml
16:11:03.374 INFO  p.PhasesTimeProfiler - Sensor CoberturaSensor done: 626 ms
16:11:03.672 INFO  p.PhasesTimeProfiler - Execute decorators...

Any idea why does it not display code coverage report?

Thanks,
Jignesh

Hi Jignesh,