Quantcast

Not able to see the LOC and other details

Not able to see the LOC and other details

Srividya Nagarajan
Hi

I am using maven to analyse one the projects in my application.
When I run the analysis using the pom.xml attached in the mail, I am not getting any errors. But I am not able to see any details in the dashboard or even the LOC in the Home Page. Can you please help me in trying to find out what could be the problem?

Regards
Srividya.

PS:

analysis.log (5K) Download Attachment
home.jpg (57K) Download Attachment
dashboard.JPG (125K) Download Attachment
pom.xml (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Not able to see the LOC and other details

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi  Srividya
Please confirm that you try to analyze a Java project. I see something very strange also in your pom.xml file . Why do you exclude all files in maven-compiler-plugin ?

<configuration>
    <source>1.5</source>
    <target>1.5</target>
    <excludes>
         <exclude>**/*.*</exclude>
    </excludes>
</configuration>

2012/6/22 Srividya Nagarajan <[hidden email]>
Hi

I am using maven to analyse one the projects in my application.
When I run the analysis using the pom.xml attached in the mail, I am not getting any errors. But I am not able to see any details in the dashboard or even the LOC in the Home Page. Can you please help me in trying to find out what could be the problem?

Regards
Srividya.

PS:

Re: Not able to see the LOC and other details

Srividya Nagarajan
Hi Papapetrou

It is a Java Project. But it also references other Java projects in the application. I changed the pom.xml with different suggested ones. Here is the pom.xml without the excludes and the same result : not able to see any output in the dashboard.

Regards
Srividya.

dashboard1.JPG (47K) Download Attachment
analysis1.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Not able to see the LOC and other details

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi again Srividya

Can you confirm that your source code files are placed in directory C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_
source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src ?
This the directory where Sonar looks to find them according to log file.

[...]

Hi  Patroklos
Yes the source code files are under C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_
source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src. But they are under a package structure. Not directly under 'src' folder.

Regards
Srividya

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Papapetrou P.Patroklos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Since I am not getting any error when running the analysis, I am not
able to find out why the results are not coming up the dashboard. Can
you please help me find out what could be the problem? Is there any
debug mode to get more details during analysis?

Regards
Srividya.

On 6/22/12, Srividya Nagarajan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi  Patroklos
> Yes the source code files are under
> C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_
> source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src. But they are under a package structure.
> Not directly under 'src' folder.
>
> Regards
> Srividya
>
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Papapetrou P.Patroklos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi again Srividya
>>
>> Can you confirm that your source code files are placed in
>> directory C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_
>> source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src ?
>> This the directory where Sonar looks to find them according to log file.
>>   Regards
>> Patroklos
>> Master Sonar with Sonar in Action book by Manning
>> Publications<http://affiliate.manning.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=1233_299>
>>

>> 2012/6/22 Srividya Nagarajan <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Hi Papapetrou
>>>
>>> It is a Java Project. But it also references other Java projects in the
>>> application. I changed the pom.xml with different suggested ones. Here
>>> is
>>> the pom.xml without the excludes and the same result : not able to see
>>> any
>>> output in the dashboard.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Srividya.

Re: Not able to see the LOC and other details

Freddy Mallet
Hi Srividya,

There can be only two possible explanations :
  • Either the directory C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src is empty
  • Or this directory contains some java source files whose extension is not ".java"

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 3:55 AM, Srividya Nagarajan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Since I am not getting any error when running the analysis, I am not
able to find out why the results are not coming up the dashboard. Can
you please help me find out what could be the problem? Is there any
debug mode to get more details during analysis?

Regards
Srividya.

On 6/22/12, Srividya Nagarajan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi  Patroklos
> Yes the source code files are under
> C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_
> source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src. But they are under a package structure.
> Not directly under 'src' folder.
>
> Regards
> Srividya
>
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Papapetrou P.Patroklos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi again Srividya
>>
>> Can you confirm that your source code files are placed in
>> directory C:\ccrc_views\UI\nsrividy_omf_brs24_0_1\vobs\OMFVOB\omf_
>> source\CustomerRequestRetrieve\src ?
>> This the directory where Sonar looks to find them according to log file.
>>   Regards
>> Patroklos
>> Master Sonar with Sonar in Action book by Manning
>> Publications<http://affiliate.manning.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=1233_299>
>>

>> 2012/6/22 Srividya Nagarajan <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Hi Papapetrou
>>>
>>> It is a Java Project. But it also references other Java projects in the
>>> application. I changed the pom.xml with different suggested ones. Here
>>> is
>>> the pom.xml without the excludes and the same result : not able to see
>>> any
>>> output in the dashboard.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Srividya.

Re: Not able to see the LOC and other details

Srividya Nagarajan
Hi

The java files are not directly under "src" folder: But they are under
a package structure. I am attaching the structure along with this
mail.

Regards
Srividya

srcPath1.JPG (42K) Download Attachment

Re: Not able to see the LOC and other details

Patroklos Papapetrou
I really can't think for anything more except that the complete file path it's maybe too large to handled by Sonar?
I don't know...