Quantcast

Problem with NDeps

A.Eleftheriou

Hi,

I am running Sonar to analyse projects in C#, so I have downloaded the C# plugins but the dependencies are

not analysed (although I can see that the NDeps plugin is in my folder and it is not skipped in my properties file).

If you like to have a look at my stack trace below you’ll see that something very weird happens. Do you have an idea what’s wrong?

My stack trace is like this:

PS C:\TC\work\7871c0f0e68beff7> C:\TC\work\7871c0f0e68beff7\.sonar\NDeps-1.1\DependencyPa

e68beff7\Projects\bin\Debug\Orbis.OA.ServerTierFramework.dll

Parsing Orbis.OA.ServerTierFramework.dll

Skip mscorlib... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file Ninject doesn't match the fullName Ninject, skip it

Skip System.ServiceModel... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file log4net doesn't match the fullName log4net, skip it

Skip System.Configuration... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file System doesn't match the fullName System, skip it

The existing file NServiceBus doesn't match the fullName NServiceBus, skip it

The existing file NServiceBus.Core doesn't match the fullName NServiceBus.Core, skip it

The existing file Quartz doesn't match the fullName Quartz, skip it

The existing file FluentNHibernate doesn't match the fullName FluentNHibernate, skip it

The existing file NHibernate doesn't match the fullName NHibernate, skip it

The existing file FluentValidation doesn't match the fullName FluentValidation, skip it

The existing file Spring.Aop doesn't match the fullName Spring.Aop, skip it

Skip System.IdentityModel... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file Microsoft.IdentityModel doesn't match the fullName Microsoft.IdentityMo

Skip System.ServiceProcess... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Management... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file Dynamo.Ioc doesn't match the fullName Dynamo.Ioc, skip it

The existing file Spring.Core doesn't match the fullName Spring.Core, skip it

Skip System.Data... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Web... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Messaging... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file NServiceBus.Unicast.Distributor doesn't match the fullName NServiceBus.

Skip System.Transactions... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.ServiceModel.Discovery... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Xml.Linq... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Runtime.Serialization... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Core... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file MongoDB.Driver doesn't match the fullName MongoDB.Driver, skip it

The existing file netDumbster doesn't match the fullName netDumbster, skip it

The existing file Spring.Core.Configuration doesn't match the fullName Spring.Core.Config

Skip System.Xml... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file System.Web.WebPages doesn't match the fullName System.Web.WebPages, ski

The existing file MsmqWorkerAvailabilityManager doesn't match the fullName MsmqWorkerAvai

The existing file AutoMapper doesn't match the fullName AutoMapper, skip it

The existing file MongoDB.Bson doesn't match the fullName MongoDB.Bson, skip it

Skip Microsoft.CSharp... maybe in the GAC?

Skip System.Configuration.Install... maybe in the GAC?

The existing file nunit.framework doesn't match the fullName nunit.framework, skip it

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

Anastasia

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited and Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reg. No. 2068389. Registered in England. Reg. Office: Orbis House, 5 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NG. Tel: +44-20-7042-2000

Re: Problem with NDeps

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi Anastasia,

Have you compiled your C# solution prior to launching the Sonar analysis?
If so, what do you get in the "bin/Debug" folder? (or in any other folder if your build configuration is not "Debug")

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Anastasia Eleftheriou <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited and Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reg. No. 2068389. Registered in England. Reg. Office: Orbis House, 5 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NG. Tel: <a href="tel:%2B44-20-7042-2000" value="+442070422000" target="_blank">+44-20-7042-2000

RE: Problem with NDeps

A.Eleftheriou

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I have actually compiled my C# solution prior to launching Sonar Analysis,

and in the bin\Debug folder I can see the .dll and .xml files for the files  being skipped in my stack trace, which is weird.

Any other ideas?

[...]

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited and Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reg. No. 2068389. Registered in England. Reg. Office: Orbis House, 5 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NG. Tel: <a href="tel:%2B44-20-7042-2000" target="_blank">+44-20-7042-2000

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited and Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reg. No. 2068389. Registered in England. Reg. Office: Orbis House, 5 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NG. Tel: +44-20-7042-2000

Re: Problem with NDeps

Fabrice Bellingard-4
This looks really weird. Is it only on this project or is it the same for other ones?

Maybe you can you send your config file in order to see if there's something special.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Anastasia Eleftheriou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I have actually compiled my C# solution prior to launching Sonar Analysis,

and in the bin\Debug folder I can see the .dll and .xml files for the files  being skipped in my stack trace, which is weird.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Anastasia

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited and Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reg. No. 2068389. Registered in England. Reg. Office: Orbis House, 5 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NG. Tel: <a href="tel:%2B44-20-7042-2000" value="+442070422000" target="_blank">+44-20-7042-2000

RE: Problem with NDeps

A.Eleftheriou

Yes it is the same for all projects. So here is my sonar-project.properties file:

# Project identification

 sonar.projectKey=DMG:KycProvider

sonar.projectVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

 sonar.projectName=KycProvider

 # Info required for Sonar

 sources=.

 sonar.language=cs

 #Core C# Settings

 sonar.dotnet.visualstudio.solution.file=..\\..\\..\\KycProvider.sln

 # Gallio

 sonar.gallio.mode=skip

 # FXCop

 sonar.fxcop.mode=skip

 #StyleCop

 sonar.stylecop.mode=skip

sonar.ndeps.timeoutMinutes = 1000

sonar.jdbc.username=SonarUser

sonar.jdbc.password=sonar

sonar.jdbc.url:jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=SONAR;SelectMethod=Cursor

sonar.jdbc.driverClassName: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

sonar.jdbc.dialect=mssql

and here is  my sonar.properties file:

#--------------------------------------------------------

# This file must contain only ISO 8859-1 characters

# see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#load(java.io.InputStream)

#

# To use an environment variable, use the following syntax :  ${env:NAME_OF_ENV_VARIABLE}

# For example :

#   sonar.jdbc.url: ${env:SONAR_JDBC_URL}

#

#

# See also the file conf/wrapper.conf for JVM advanced settings

#---------------------------------------------------------

#---------------------------------------------------------

# WEB SETTINGS - STANDALONE MODE ONLY

# These settings are ignored when the war file is deployed to a JEE server.

#---------------------------------------------------------

# Listen host/port and context path (for example / or /sonar). Default values are 0.0.0.0:9000/.

#sonar.web.host:                           0.0.0.0

#sonar.web.port:                           9000

#sonar.web.context:                        /

# Log HTTP requests. Deactivated by default.

#sonar.web.jettyRequestLogs: ../../logs/jetty-yyyy_mm_dd.request.log

# DATABASE

#

# IMPORTANT : the embedded database Derby is used by default.

# It is recommended for tests only. Please use an external database

# for production environment (MySQL, Oracle, Postgresql, SQLServer)

#

#----- Credentials

# Permissions to create tables and indexes must be granted to JDBC user.

# The schema must be created first.

sonar.jdbc.username:                       sonar

sonar.jdbc.password:                       sonar

#----- Embedded database Derby

# Note : it does not accept connections from remote hosts, so the

# sonar server and the maven plugin must be executed on the same host.

# Comment the following line to deactivate the default embedded database.

#sonar.jdbc.url:                            jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sonar;create=true

#sonar.jdbc.driverClassName:                org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver

#sonar.jdbc.validationQuery:                values(1)

# directory containing Derby database files. By default it's the /data directory in the sonar installation.

#sonar.embeddedDatabase.dataDir:

# derby embedded database server listening port, defaults to 1527

#sonar.derby.drda.portNumber:               1527

# uncomment to accept connections from remote hosts. Ba default it only accepts localhost connections.

#sonar.derby.drda.host: 0.0.0.0

#----- MySQL 5.x/6.x

# Comment the embedded database and uncomment the following line to use MySQL

#sonar.jdbc.url:                            jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sonar?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&rewriteBatchedStatements=true

# Optional properties

#sonar.jdbc.driverClassName:                com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

#sonar.jdbc.validationQuery:                select 1

#----- Oracle 10g/11g

# To connect to Oracle database :

#

# - It's recommended to use the latest version of the JDBC driver (either ojdbc6.jar for Java 6 or ojdbc5.jar for Java 5).

#   Download it in http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc-112010-090769.html

# - Copy the driver to the directory extensions/jdbc-driver/oracle/

# - Comment the embedded database and uncomment the following line :

#sonar.jdbc.url:                            jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost/XE

# Optional properties

#sonar.jdbc.driverClassName:                oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

#sonar.jdbc.validationQuery:                select 1 from dual

# Uncomment the following property if the Oracle account has permissions to access multiple schemas,

# for example sonar schemas with different versions. In that case, use the same property during project analysis

# (-Dsonar.jdbc.schema=<schema>)

#sonar.jdbc.schema:                         sonar

#----- PostgreSQL 8.x/9.x

# Comment the embedded database and uncomment the following property to use PostgreSQL

#sonar.jdbc.url:                            jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonar

# Optional properties

#sonar.jdbc.driverClassName:                org.postgresql.Driver

#sonar.jdbc.validationQuery:                select 1

# Uncomment the following property if the PostgreSQL account has permissions to access multiple schemas,

# for example sonar schemas with different versions. In that case, use the same property during project analysis

# (-Dsonar.jdbc.schema=<schema>)

#sonar.jdbc.schema:                         public

#----- Microsoft SQLServer

# The Jtds open source driver is available in extensions/jdbc-driver/mssql. More details on http://jtds.sourceforge.net

sonar.jdbc.username=SonarUser

sonar.jdbc.password=sonar

sonar.jdbc.url:                            jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=SONAR;SelectMethod=Cursor

sonar.jdbc.driverClassName: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

sonar.jdbc.dialect=mssql

# Optional properties

#sonar.jdbc.driverClassName:                net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

#sonar.jdbc.validationQuery:                select 1

#----- Connection pool settings

sonar.jdbc.maxActive:                      20

sonar.jdbc.maxIdle:                        5

sonar.jdbc.minIdle:                        2

sonar.jdbc.maxWait:                        5000

sonar.jdbc.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis:     600000

sonar.jdbc.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis:  30000

#---------------------------------------------------------

# UPDATE CENTER

#---------------------------------------------------------

# The Update Center requires an internet connection to request http://update.sonarsource.org

# It is activated by default:

#sonar.updatecenter.activate=true

# HTTP proxy (default none)

#http.proxyHost=

#http.proxyPort=

# NT domain name if NTLM proxy is used

#http.auth.ntlm.domain=

# SOCKS proxy (default none)

#socksProxyHost=

#socksProxyPort=

# proxy authentication. The 2 following properties are used for HTTP and SOCKS proxies.

#http.proxyUser=

#http.proxyPassword=

#---------------------------------------------------------

# NOTIFICATIONS

#---------------------------------------------------------

# Delay (in seconds) between processing of notification queue

sonar.notifications.delay=60

Orbis Investment Advisory Limited and Orbis Portfolio Management (Europe) LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reg. No. 2068389. Registered in England. Reg. Office: Orbis House, 5 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NG. Tel: +44-20-7042-2000

Re: Problem with NDeps

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi Anastasia,

the only weird thing I can see is the relative path for the SLN file (..\\..\\..\\KycProvider.sln). If you run the the analysis from within the folder that contains the SLN file, you wouldn't need this property at all as it would be discovered automatically (but maybe you have no choice?).

Apart from that, I don't see something special. If you can provide me a sample project that reproduces this issue on your side, I could try it on my side.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Anastasia Eleftheriou <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

jurfalino

I'm having the same issue, we have a solution consisting of several projects and the ndeps plugin fails at the web project, that is why I believe the issue is related to the comment that I see in the plugin webpage:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/sonar-csharp-ndeps-plugin

 it says: "The NDeps plugin is not executed on Web projects for the moment."

If anyone knows the reason of this issue for sure please share it!!

Same if anyone knows how to request for this issue to be fixed..

Thanks!!
-Jonatan Urfalino