Quantcast

Quality profiles

swaroopgr
Hi,

I'm using Sonar 1.12 and want to have my own checkstyles. I have a valid checkstyles.xml file. I am able to create a profile with this xml.

I also need FindBugs (Default rules) and PMD (Default rules) in the same quality profile (with my checkstyles). For this, I initially export the "Sonar way" or "Sonar way with FindBugs" findbugs xml file. However, when I try to create  a profile with the same exported findbugs.xml, I get an error "No profile created. Please check your configuration files" and no profile is created. Why?

Also, where are the uploaded files stored? I see conf/rules/ has checkstyles and pmd but no find bugs. Also, when I upload my checkstyles file, where does it get stored? I ask because I can then copy an existing profile and simply replace my checkstyles in that particular directory.

Too many questions. Hope someone can answer them for me. Thanks for your time!

--Swaroop

Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

Julien HENRY-3
Hi,

I have already exported and imported existing pmd and findbugs rules and it worked fine. Are you sure the issue is not coming from your custom checkstyle.xml?

Rules are stored in Sonar DB and doesn't exist as file anymore.

Regards,

Julien

> Envoyé le : Mar 30 mars 2010, 19 h 13 min 52 s
> Objet : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

Hi,

I'm using Sonar 1.12 and want to have my own checkstyles. I have
> a valid
checkstyles.xml file. I am able to create a profile with this
> xml.

I also need FindBugs (Default rules) and PMD (Default rules) in the
> same
quality profile (with my checkstyles). For this, I initially export
> the
"Sonar way" or "Sonar way with FindBugs" findbugs xml file. However, when
try to create  a profile with the same exported findbugs.xml, I get an
> error
"No profile created. Please check your configuration files" and no
> profile
is created. Why?

Also, where are the uploaded files stored? I
> see conf/rules/ has checkstyles
and pmd but no find bugs. Also, when I upload
> my checkstyles file, where
does it get stored? I ask because I can then copy
> an existing profile and
simply replace my checkstyles in that particular
> directory.

Too many questions. Hope someone can answer them for me.
> Thanks for your
time!

--Swaroop
> context:
> href="http://old.nabble.com/Quality-profiles-tp28085631p28085631.html"
> target=_blank
> >http://old.nabble.com/Quality-profiles-tp28085631p28085631.html
Sent
> Nabble.com.

> href="http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email" target=_blank
> >http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

swaroopgr
I tried without my checkstyles file. Still can't import pmd and findbugs Did you try with Sonar 1.12?

Thanks,
Swaroop

Julien HENRY wrote
Hi,

I have already exported and imported existing pmd and findbugs rules and it worked fine. Are you sure the issue is not coming from your custom checkstyle.xml?

Rules are stored in Sonar DB and doesn't exist as file anymore.

Regards,

Julien

> Envoyé le : Mar 30 mars 2010, 19 h 13 min 52 s
> Objet : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

Hi,

I'm using Sonar 1.12 and want to have my own checkstyles. I have
> a valid
checkstyles.xml file. I am able to create a profile with this
> xml.

I also need FindBugs (Default rules) and PMD (Default rules) in the
> same
quality profile (with my checkstyles). For this, I initially export
> the
"Sonar way" or "Sonar way with FindBugs" findbugs xml file. However, when
try to create  a profile with the same exported findbugs.xml, I get an
> error
"No profile created. Please check your configuration files" and no
> profile
is created. Why?

Also, where are the uploaded files stored? I
> see conf/rules/ has checkstyles
and pmd but no find bugs. Also, when I upload
> my checkstyles file, where
does it get stored? I ask because I can then copy
> an existing profile and
simply replace my checkstyles in that particular
> directory.

Too many questions. Hope someone can answer them for me.
> Thanks for your
time!

--Swaroop
> context:
> href="http://old.nabble.com/Quality-profiles-tp28085631p28085631.html"
> target=_blank
> >http://old.nabble.com/Quality-profiles-tp28085631p28085631.html
Sent
> Nabble.com.

> href="http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email" target=_blank
> >http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re : [sonar-user] Re: Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

Julien HENRY-3
Yes, I'm running Sonar 1.12 and I'm quite sure I have already created a quality profile using existing project checkstyle and default pmd and findbugs.

Perhaps could you try to create a profile using pmd only then findbugs only to see what is the failing one.

> Envoyé le : Mar 30 mars 2010, 20 h 10 min 20 s
> Objet : [sonar-user] Re: Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

I tried without my checkstyles file. Still can't import pmd and findbugs
> Did
you try with Sonar 1.12?

Thanks,
Swaroop

Julien

> HENRY wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have already exported and
> imported existing pmd and findbugs rules and
> it worked fine. Are you
> sure the issue is not coming from your custom
> checkstyle.xml?
>

> Rules are stored in Sonar DB and doesn't exist as file anymore.
>

> Regards,
>
> Julien

Re: Re : [sonar-user] Re: Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

swaroopgr
Weird. I did try creating them separately before. Both failed(separately).

-Swaroop

Julien HENRY wrote
Yes, I'm running Sonar 1.12 and I'm quite sure I have already created a quality profile using existing project checkstyle and default pmd and findbugs.

Perhaps could you try to create a profile using pmd only then findbugs only to see what is the failing one.

> Envoyé le : Mar 30 mars 2010, 20 h 10 min 20 s
> Objet : [sonar-user] Re: Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

I tried without my checkstyles file. Still can't import pmd and findbugs
> Did
you try with Sonar 1.12?

Thanks,
Swaroop

Julien
> HENRY wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have already exported and
> imported existing pmd and findbugs rules and
> it worked fine. Are you
> sure the issue is not coming from your custom
> checkstyle.xml?
>

> Rules are stored in Sonar DB and doesn't exist as file anymore.
>

> Regards,
>
> Julien

Re: Re: Re : [sonar-user] Re: Re : [sonar-user] Quality profiles

I've managed to reproduce your issue and I've created ticket http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-1480.

The problem seems to relate to the Findbugs rules which are changed/deleted from one Sonar version to the other.

Could you confirm that you manage to import Checkstyle and PMD XML files to create a new Sonar Quality profile ?

Julien HENRY wrote:

> Yes, I'm running Sonar 1.12 and I'm quite sure I have already created a
> quality profile using existing project checkstyle and default pmd and
> findbugs.
>
> Perhaps could you try to create a profile using pmd only then findbugs
> only to see what is the failing one.

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for taking time to work on reproducing the issue. Yes, I am able to import Checkstyle and PMD XML files.

Thanks,
Swaroop

Freddy Mallet wrote
Hello,