Quantcast

Re: Integration of VS code analysis results?

Re: Integration of VS code analysis results?

Nemergut, Vladimir

Hi,

Replying to this mail thread:

http://markmail.org/message/sr4vmhvbpbpox7w6

I have tried and it worked ;)

The thing is, that you need to integrate the VS Code Analysis to FxCop first, so to copy the rule assemblies together with Phoenix engine. You need to configure those Dataflow rules similar way you configure custom fxcop rules in sonar (extensions/rules/fxcop/…)

After you enable these rules in quality profile, you can let the FxCop plugin to execute FxCopCmd with them ;)

Anyway, is there any plan to integrate the VS Code Analysis somehow to sonar? To give you some background:

We are on Team Build system. Each VS project (csproj) contains the link to the ruleset file and flag whether the code analysis should be performed or not. Theoretically you can have different rulesets for each project. In fact we only have to – one for product assemblies and different one for test assemblies. First of all, sonar can run analysis  on test project afaik. Second – you can only have 1 quality profile for sonar project (which in our case includes both product and test projects). The workflow I’m looking for is that FxCop plugin will generate the FxCop project based on ruleset defined in csproj rather than the quality profile? Does it make sense?

Regards,

nemo

Re: Integration of VS code analysis results?

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi Nemo,

Great to see that you managed to add VS Code Analysis to FxCop and make it run on your code base. There's currently no plan to integrate VS Code Analysis in the .NET Ecosystem, as there isn't much to do on the plugin side. What we could do is to write a FAQ based on your feedback to explain how to let FxCop run VS Code Analysis. Would you mind contributing this small FAQ? (basically, this is what you explained, with maybe a little more details)

Regarding your other questions, we won't make it possible to generate FxCop ruleset based on what is found in the csproj. The explanation is straightforward: we believe that Sonar must be the central place for quality management, and we don't want rule and profile definitions to be stored elsewhere.
As for the quality profile for test projects, this will be covered by SONARDOTNT-224, but you'll need to wait a bit for it :)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Nemergut, Vladimir <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I’m happy to contribute the FAQ. I also wrote a simple tool (C# .NET) which generates the configuration file of custom rules from which the FxCop project is created by FxCop plugin.

I’ve seen the SONARDOTNT-224, looking forward to it ;)