Quantcast

Re: [sonar-dev] Help for MySql DB for Sonar

Re: [sonar-dev] Help for MySql DB for Sonar

Freddy Mallet
Sending an email to three mailing lists at the same time to be sure to get an answer is what I call a spam.

I'll answer to this email but later.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Vishal chugh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

Sorry , we are new to Sonar. Trying to understand through it's documentation.

In our organization , we are using Sonar 2.3.1 and seems it is using MySQL DB ( not the embedded DB of Sonar ) .

Now we have request to move this Sonar installation to another RHEL server ( as current server having Sonar will be removed very soon).

So we plan to take tar of current sonar installation from source server and untar it on target server ( Hope we are doing right) .

Next comes taking action for MySQL DB .

We already have MySQL installed on our new RHEL target server .

We plan to take export of current MySQL DB sonar and import it on target server's mysql .

Are we thinking and doing right regarding MySQL DB or more needs to done regarding sonar  DB ?

Would be grateful if we can have documentation for the configuring MySQL DB for Sonar .

Can someone please advise urgently.

Thanks,
Vishal Chugh

Re: [sonar-dev] Help for MySql DB for Sonar

Hi Vishal,

See my comments below :

In our organization , we are using Sonar 2.3.1 and seems it is using MySQL DB ( not the embedded DB of Sonar ) .

Would be better to not have any doubt about that :)

Now we have request to move this Sonar installation to another RHEL server ( as current server having Sonar will be removed very soon).

OK

So we plan to take tar of current sonar installation from source server and untar it on target server ( Hope we are doing right) .

Yes, that's perhaps the simple option

Next comes taking action for MySQL DB .
We already have MySQL installed on our new RHEL target server .
We plan to take export of current MySQL DB sonar and import it on target server's mysql .
Are we thinking and doing right regarding MySQL DB or more needs to done regarding sonar  DB ?

You don't have to do anything except perhaps creating a dedicated MySQL user to be used by Sonar.

Would be grateful if we can have documentation for the configuring MySQL DB for Sonar .

There isn't anything magic to be known :

Can someone please advise urgently.

Thanks,
Vishal Chugh

Re: [sonar-dev] Help for MySql DB for Sonar

Vishal Chugh
We are done with this !! Thanks!!

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Freddy Mallet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vishal,

See my comments below :