Quantcast

Sonar Clean-up Task

keweiss
We're currently trying to run Sonar against our mainline code branch, and I was curious if any clean up task exists. Say for example, a project gets deprecated and is no longer really used as part of the mainline code branch. This project has been analyzed though, and data for it exists in the Sonar database. Is there any script I could run or create which would delete any project and all associated data if the project hasn't been built within some set timeframe?

Projects that get deprecated I'd like to phase out of database without having to manually delete them while signed in as the administrator.  Please let me know if there is some script or even some API I could leverage to do bulk deletes based on build dates.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

Freddy Mallet SonarSource
Hi Kevin,

In fact when you "delete" a project from the Sonar web interface, the corresponding ROW is deleted in the "projects" table and then during next Sonar analysis, the core DBCleaner plugin will take care to purge all data from other tables.

So you can do the same with a script if you want.

www.SonarSource.org
www.SonarSource.com

Kevin

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

Freddy Mallet SonarSource
Yes Kevin !

www.SonarSource.org
www.SonarSource.com

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Kevin Weisser <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

DenisBY
For what sonar version this is true? We have 2.11. Does it work in 2.11?

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

Freddy Mallet
Hi Denis, you've a deletion page in the project administration page :

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
For what sonar version this is true? We have 2.11. Does it work in 2.11?

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

DenisBY
I need to cleanup all projects via script. I'm doing it via "truncate
table projects;". Looks like it works.

Denis Kot

2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Denis, you've a deletion page in the project administration page :
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2734
>
> -----
> twitter.com/FreddyMallet
> Sonar for Continuous Inspection
>

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For what sonar version this is true? We have 2.11. Does it work in 2.11?

> NAML

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

Freddy Mallet
Denis, the best way and only way to clean up anything properly is to delete the Sonar DB schema and to recreate a new one.

You must be aware that using such "aggressive" SQL command can't be anything else than a quick, dirty and dangerous solution.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need to cleanup all projects via script. I'm doing it via "truncate
table projects;". Looks like it works.

Denis Kot

2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Denis, you've a deletion page in the project administration page :
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2734
>
> -----
> twitter.com/FreddyMallet
> Sonar for Continuous Inspection
>

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For what sonar version this is true? We have 2.11. Does it work in 2.11?
>>
>> --

> NAML

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

DenisBY
I need a way to remove all projects but keep customized dashboard(s).

Denis Kot

2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:

> Denis, the best way and only way to clean up anything properly is to delete
> the Sonar DB schema and to recreate a new one.
>
> You must be aware that using such "aggressive" SQL command can't be anything
> else than a quick, dirty and dangerous solution.
>
> Kind regards,
> Freddy
>
> -----
> twitter.com/FreddyMallet
> Sonar for Continuous Inspection
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I need to cleanup all projects via script. I'm doing it via "truncate
>> table projects;". Looks like it works.
>>
>> Denis Kot
>>

>> 2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi Denis, you've a deletion page in the project administration page :
>> >
>> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2734
>> >
>> > -----
>> > twitter.com/FreddyMallet
>> > Sonar for Continuous Inspection

>> > NAML

> NAML

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

Freddy Mallet
Hi Denis, in that case you should use the DELETE web service : http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Web+Service+API#WebServiceAPI-DeleteProject or the Delete page in the project administration section.

FYI, we're currently working on an administration page to do some mass deletion : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2614.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need a way to remove all projects but keep customized dashboard(s).

Denis Kot

2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:
> Denis, the best way and only way to clean up anything properly is to delete
> the Sonar DB schema and to recreate a new one.
>
> You must be aware that using such "aggressive" SQL command can't be anything
> else than a quick, dirty and dangerous solution.
>
> Kind regards,
> Freddy
>
> -----
> twitter.com/FreddyMallet
> Sonar for Continuous Inspection
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I need to cleanup all projects via script. I'm doing it via "truncate
>> table projects;". Looks like it works.
>>
>> Denis Kot
>>

>> 2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi Denis, you've a deletion page in the project administration page :
>> >
>> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2734
>> >
>> > -----
>> > twitter.com/FreddyMallet
>> > Sonar for Continuous Inspection

>> > NAML
>>

>> --

> NAML

Re: Sonar Clean-up Task

DenisBY
Thank you! This works!
But is it possible to remove projects before launching Sonart?
Something like mark them as deleted and delete them during first
launch or analyze.

Denis Kot

2012/6/29 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Denis, in that case you should use the DELETE web service
> : http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Web+Service+API#WebServiceAPI-DeleteProject
> or the Delete page in the project administration section.
>
> FYI, we're currently working on an administration page to do some mass
> deletion : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2614.
>
> Kind regards,
> Freddy
> -----
> twitter.com/FreddyMallet
> Sonar for Continuous Inspection
>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM, DenisBY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I need a way to remove all projects but keep customized dashboard(s).
>>
>> Denis Kot
>>

>> 2012/6/27 Freddy Mallet [via Sonar] <[hidden email]>:
>> > Denis, the best way and only way to clean up anything properly is to
>> > delete
>> > the Sonar DB schema and to recreate a new one.
>> >
>> > You must be aware that using such "aggressive" SQL command can't be
>> > anything
>> > else than a quick, dirty and dangerous solution.
>> >
>> > Kind regards,
>> > Freddy
>> >
>> > -----
>> > twitter.com/FreddyMallet