Quantcast

Sonar JavaScript Plugin for jQuery and Node JS code validation

Sonar JavaScript Plugin for jQuery and Node JS code validation

Jebastin Prabaharan
Hi,

    We are using Sonar JavaScript plugin for validating JavaScripts which was using jslint. I am also working on jQuery and NodeJS projects. Since jslint was supporting code validation for Node JS, I was planning to use the next version of JavaScript plugin.

But it seems the integration with jslint plugin seems to be discontinued from the next version of JavaScript plugin (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-1829).

Are there any plans to include code validation for jQuery and Node JS projects?

What should be the way forward?

Regards,
-Jeb

Re: Sonar JavaScript Plugin for jQuery and Node JS code validation

Eriks Nukis
Hello,

New version of JavaScript plugin will be able to check jQuery and NodeJS projects. First version without jslint  will contain number of rules (http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+%22Sonar+Plugins%22+and+fixVersion%3D%22JAVASCRIPT-1.0%22+and+summary+~+Rule) and new rules will be added in later versions.

Is there any particular check in JSLint that you would like to see implemented?

Regards,
Eriks

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Jebastin Prabaharan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

    We are using Sonar JavaScript plugin for validating JavaScripts which was using jslint. I am also working on jQuery and NodeJS projects. Since jslint was supporting code validation for Node JS, I was planning to use the next version of JavaScript plugin.

But it seems the integration with jslint plugin seems to be discontinued from the next version of JavaScript plugin (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-1829).

Are there any plans to include code validation for jQuery and Node JS projects?

What should be the way forward?

Regards,
-Jeb

Re: Sonar JavaScript Plugin for jQuery and Node JS code validation

Jebastin Prabaharan
Hi Eriks,

    We are able to validate the jQuery and Node JS projects. If we need any additional rules we will let you know.

Thanks,
-Jeb

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Eriks Nukis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi Jebastin,

Out of curiosity : Are you developer of jQuery and Node JS projects ? Is analysis available on public Sonar instance ?