Quantcast

Sonar - LDAP group synchronizer plugin

bakaibalazs
This post was updated on .
Hy!
We use the Sonar LDAP plugin, but unfortunatelly we have to add manually the groups on the sonar web interface. So I'd like to write a plugin (or extend the sonar-ldap plugin) that query all of cn's of the ldap groups and insert into the group table of the sonar database.

Explanation in this post: http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/ldap-groups-are-not-getting-populated-tp4998058p4999136.html

Can you give any hint, please?

Thanks.

Re: [sonar-dev] Sonar - LDAP group synchronizer plugin

bakaibalazs
This post was updated on .
Hello!

Thanks for your reply.

Because the LDAP group names contains the project names (testProject -> gr_testProjet,gr_testProject_ro,gr_testProject_rw) I think the automatization of the project-group association should works in my case.

Re: [sonar-dev] Sonar - LDAP group synchronizer plugin

I see what you mean but in that case this implementation would only fit your very specific need. For the time being, I don't see how to make this LDAP plugin easily extendable to implement such kind of requirement because you don't want the LDAP plugin to only create group in the Sonar DB but you'd also like it to create the relation between those groups and related projects.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM, bbalazs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

Because the LDAP group names contains th project names (testProject ->
gr_testProjet,gr_testProject_ro,gr_testProject_rw) I think the project-group
association automatization should works in my case.

Re: [sonar-dev] Sonar - LDAP group synchronizer plugin

bakaibalazs
This post was updated on .
Hello!

My LDAP plugin extension should divide in two parts, the 2. part of the plugin would be optional.

1. Sonar group creation by LDAP groups into the Sonar DB
2. Sonar group and sonar project automatic assignment by name with admin confirmation (optional)

What is your opinion?