Quantcast

Sonar runner can not find or load main class

Sonar runner can not find or load main class

dotsilver
I have installed sonar on my Windows 7 machine and it is running
(http://localhost:9000)

When I try to analyze a project with sonar runner (command from my
project directory), I get the following error:

D:\eclipse_workspace\Project>sonar-runner.bat
C:\Program Files (x86)\sonar-runner-1.3\bin
Error: Could not find or load main class org.sonar.runner.Main

The property file is unchanged (derby database) and I have set the "bin"
directory of sonar-runner as a path variable.

Do you have any idea what I could do? Thanks a lot.

Re: Sonar runner can not find or load main class

dotsilver
Yes, that's it. I have moved sonar-runner to another directory without any whitespace and it works now.
Thank you very much!

Do you create the JIRA ticket?

Kind regards

On 18.06.2012 20:35, Freddy Mallet wrote:
Hello,

[...]

Thanks for creating the ticket. I have tried it again (in a directory without any whitespace) and I think it is something else, unfortunately.

The first time, the analysis has passed without failure. But when I try to run it again after a reboot of the system, it is not working anymore.

D:\workspace_indigo_javadevelopers\Project>sonar-runner.bat -h
D:\workspace_indigo_javadevelopers\Project\..
Error: Could not find or load main class org.sonar.runner.Main
D:\workspace_indigo_javadevelopers\Project>

sonar-runner is located in D:\sonar-runner-1.3 and I have added a path variable to D:\sonar-runner-1.3\bin\

How can I display the log to get a deeper knowledge of the error?

Thanks again!

On 20.06.2012 08:57, Freddy Mallet wrote:
[...]

I don't know the reason but I'm pretty sure that the following bat command located in the sonar-runner.bat script doesn't work in your environment :

set SONAR_RUNNER_HOME=%~dp0..

A short term workaround is to define a new SONAR_RUNNER_HOME environment variable whose value must be "D:\sonar-runner-1.3" and everything will work properly.

If you want to help us fix this issue, could you try to play with this command which is supposed to return the root directory of the sonar-runner program whereas this is not the case for you ?

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM, dotsilver <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

uirahaun
This post was updated on .
I got this error too, but I solved this problem just doing this:

- add new system var (name: SONAR_RUNNER_HOME with value: "e:\sonar-runner-1.3" without quotes).

- now in PATH added this in the end: %SONAR_RUNNER_HOME%\bin;%SONAR_RUNNER_HOME%\lib

and everything is running now! :)