Quantcast

Status of SONAR-2602

Figler, Josh

Hello,

Are there any plans in the near future to resolve this issue?  I’m watching all these amazing features go by because I am unable to move forward due to this single issue.  It is 3rd on the ‘popular issues’ list, yet there is no indication of any activity around it.  I’m just curious what plans there are going forward, if any.

Thanks,

Josh

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify your representative immediately and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.

Re: Status of SONAR-2602

Olivier Gaudin-2
Josh,

I am not sure why you are waiting for this issue as you have the Views plugin.
Can you explain ?

Thanks

Olivier

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Figler, Josh <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sure.  We have hundreds of Sonar projects that currently use multi-module analysis where those modules are shared between java and flex.  If I were to change them now, I believe I’d have 2 major problems:

1.       I’d lose the long term trending on them since I’d have to create them anew.

2.       I’d have to manually create a view for each multi-module project

a.       Furthermore, I’d have to set up the hierarchy manually to match the way it exists in source, which I don’t want to do.

Unless, of course, I’m missing something?

Thanks,

Josh

Re: Status of SONAR-2602

krishna chaitanya kurnala

More over, Views Plugin is not Open-Source. We need to shell out some change to get it ;-)

Thanks,
Krishna Chaitanya

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Figler, Josh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sure.  We have hundreds of Sonar projects that currently use multi-module analysis where those modules are shared between java and flex.  If I were to change them now, I believe I’d have 2 major problems:

1.       I’d lose the long term trending on them since I’d have to create them anew.

2.       I’d have to manually create a view for each multi-module project

a.       Furthermore, I’d have to set up the hierarchy manually to match the way it exists in source, which I don’t want to do.

Unless, of course, I’m missing something?

Thanks,

Josh

Re: Status of SONAR-2602

Hi Josh,

1. I’d lose the long term trending on them since I’d have to create them anew.

You can automatically rebuild this history by setting the 'views.dates' parameter (comma-separated list of dates). See http://www.sonarsource.com/products/plugins/governance/portfolio-management/installation-and-usage/.

2. I’d have to manually create a view for each multi-module project

Indeed.
To ease this task, you can directly edit the following entry in the database (xml format): 'properties' table, 'views.def' row.

Furthermore, I’d have to set up the hierarchy manually to match the way it exists in source, which I don’t want to do.

You just have to create each view with the Java project and the Flex project.
For example, if the Java project has submodules, you don't need to add every module in the view, just the parent one (submodules analysis still works within the same language).

For your information, we have no plan at all to fix this issue.

On 7 August 2012 20:17, Figler, Josh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sure.  We have hundreds of Sonar projects that currently use multi-module analysis where those modules are shared between java and flex.  If I were to change them now, I believe I’d have 2 major problems:

1.       I’d lose the long term trending on them since I’d have to create them anew.

2.       I’d have to manually create a view for each multi-module project

a.       Furthermore, I’d have to set up the hierarchy manually to match the way it exists in source, which I don’t want to do.

Unless, of course, I’m missing something?

Thanks,

Josh

RE: Status of SONAR-2602

Figler, Josh

Thanks very much.

So I understand your answer to 2, but could you please explain a bit more how I would accomplish 1?  It’s unclear how I could do that.

Thanks,

Josh

Re: Status of SONAR-2602

Ann Campbell
I've done this a couple times Josh.

Write a script that starts with date=[oldest history day]
And loop forward until now {
  checkout $date
  analyse sonar.projectDate=$date (& also, I guess views.date=$date)
  increment $date
}

Don't just increment date with a ++ tho. Look at how your database cleanup numbers are set. If you're only keeping one snapshot a week for anything older than (however many weeks is the default) then you'd want to increment your date smartly beyond that threshold.

---