Quantcast

Support for lomboked code ?

ForestClim Software Development Team
Hi,

I am using Sonar for a while (for my Java/Vaadin based project) and it is one of the core tools that I really appreciate at the moment. Currently I am evaluating if I should use Lombok to reduce boilerplate code. So far I have found Lombok project quite reasonable but I wonder if it is going to work with Sonar. I googled a bit but could not find an explicit information. Any information regarding working/not working or requirements to make both tools working together will be appreciated...

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Support for lomboked code ?

Lars K.W. Gohlke
Hallo Alan,

see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2717,

I plan to write a plugin, to remove violations raised on location
influenced by lombok, because I love sonar and lombok. But Sonar does
not like lombok, it is so far a bit unrespectful ;).

 >Am 29.06.2012 15:31, schrieb ForestClim Software Development Team:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am using Sonar for a while (for my Java/Vaadin based project) and it
 > is one of the core tools that I really appreciate at the moment.
 > Currently I am evaluating if I should use Lombok to reduce boilerplate
 > code. So far I have found Lombok project quite reasonable but I wonder
 > if it is going to work with Sonar. I googled a bit but could not find an
 > explicit information. Any information regarding working/not working or
 > requirements to make both tools working together will be appreciated...
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Alan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Diplom-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke, M.Sc.
mailto:[hidden email]

lkwg82.vcf (194 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Support for lomboked code ?

I think that this is not correct to say that Sonar doesn't respect Lombok - you always have an ability to disable rules, which generate a lot of false-positives. And BTW : PMD or Checkstyle respect Lombok? ;)