Quantcast

Testing of a WebSphere Service

soa06

Hi,

I want to analyze an EJB Service, which will be deployed on a WebSphere server. Of cause I also want a result of the testings, but there are several problems.

First of all we have no influence on the build process, thus the only way to get the class files is to extract the finished ear. (Maybe a support for ear will be interesting in the future)

Another problem is that our class file has no debug information and therefore JaCoCo won't execude our tests. But these test will only execute the services on the server and don't need in class files.

I would ask you, is it possible to tell him to execute the tests without any class file? Or will you implement a support for J2EE services in the future?

best regards

Thomas

Re: Testing of a WebSphere Service

Freddy Mallet
Hi Thomas,

If my understanding is correct what you "only" want is to compute the code coverage by your integration tests ?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to analyze an EJB Service, which will be deployed on a WebSphere server. Of cause I also want a result of the testings, but there are several problems.

First of all we have no influence on the build process, thus the only way to get the class files is to extract the finished ear. (Maybe a support for ear will be interesting in the future)

Another problem is that our class file has no debug information and therefore JaCoCo won't execude our tests. But these test will only execute the services on the server and don't need in class files.

I would ask you, is it possible to tell him to execute the tests without any class file? Or will you implement a support for J2EE services in the future?

best regards

Thomas

AW: [sonar-user] Testing of a WebSphere Service

soa06

Yes that is my goal, but at the moment can't even compute any integration tests nor unit tests, as a result of the missing debug information.

AW: [sonar-user] Testing of a WebSphere Service

soa06

Does anyone have an idea, how I can compute the integration test with the embedded JaCoCo but without the class file?

Hi Thomas, as you just need to compute code coverage by ITs, I guess it's far better to directly use JaCoCo to generate some static reports : http://www.eclemma.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/