Quantcast

Upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8 leaves me stuck at maintenance screen

Upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8 leaves me stuck at maintenance screen

Kevin-284
I followed the upgrade guide to upgrade from 2.7 to 2.8.  This is my 4th upgrade, so I feel experienced.  After the upgrade, I get the usual maintenance page when trying to access the web ui.  However, nothing else seems to happen.  There's no db activity, no cpu activity, nothing.  After 4 hours, the maintenance page is still up.  I'm running mysql as my database.  I've upped the logs, and about all I see is a bunch of class loading, then the query to check the db schema version.  Nothing after that.

Anyone else seen this?  Can I run a SQL insert/update to trick Sonar into thinking the tables are at 2.8?  Any ideas for a workaround or fix?

Thanks!

Re: Upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8 leaves me stuck at maintenance screen

Stevo Slavic
Visit "/setup" page on your sonar installation.

Regards,
Stevo.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Kevin Bulebush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I followed the upgrade guide to upgrade from 2.7 to 2.8.  This is my 4th
> upgrade, so I feel experienced.  After the upgrade, I get the usual
> maintenance page when trying to access the web ui.  However, nothing else
> seems to happen.  There's no db activity, no cpu activity, nothing.  After 4
> hours, the maintenance page is still up.  I'm running mysql as my database.
>  I've upped the logs, and about all I see is a bunch of class loading, then
> the query to check the db schema version.  Nothing after that.
> Anyone else seen this?  Can I run a SQL insert/update to trick Sonar into
> thinking the tables are at 2.8?  Any ideas for a workaround or fix?
> Thanks!

Re: Upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8 leaves me stuck at maintenance screen

Peymankh
Stevo, you are a legend man ;)