Quantcast

Using Oracle without invasion into pom file

Using Oracle without invasion into pom file

Marcin Zajączkowski
Hi,

One of the steps required to do use Sonar with Oracle is a modification
of the pom.xml which adds a sonar-maven-plugin dependency on oracle driver.
Usually it is not a problem, but recently I was testing Sonar with
Continuum using external open source projects available from anonymous
SVN where pom's modification isn't very easy.
Do you see an option in Maven to specify that dependency in some
non-invasion way?

Regards
Marcin

Re: Using Oracle without invasion into pom file

Simon
Administrator
Hello

The only way to do it is to wait for the next release ;o) The database
driver will be automatically downloaded from the sonar server, so
pom.xml will not need modifications.
You can have a look at http://sonar-demo.hortis.ch to see some open
source projects (please do not edit configuration).

Simon

On 2008-01-16 07:47, Simon Brandhof wrote:
> Hello
>
> The only way to do it is to wait for the next release ;o) The database
> driver will be automatically downloaded from the sonar server, so
> pom.xml will not need modifications.

Nice, very useful.
Btw, if it wouldn't be a big problem for you, maybe you could release a
binary snapshot from time to time?

> You can have a look at http://sonar-demo.hortis.ch to see some open
> source projects (please do not edit configuration).

Looks interesting. I see we had similar ideas for tests :)

Regards
Marcin