Quantcast

[VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

David Gageot
Hi all,

I'd like to release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4.

This release is a bug-fix only version. Its goal is to improve the stability of the plugin
before we work on some more serious improvements.
If things go well with this release, version 2.5 will be released in a not too distant future.

This release includes mainly bug fixes :

Update site for snapshot version :

Documentation :

The vote is open for 72 hours :
[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks in advance to all of you for your tests!

David

RE: [VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service)

The hyperlink for documentation points to the SCM Activity plugin.

Larry Smith

David

Re: [VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

David Gageot
Sorry all,

I fixed the deployment. The latest snapshot is here:

And the documentation is here:

David.

On 10 September 2012 22:42, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

I don't see new version in the specified update site.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM, David Gageot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4.

This release is a bug-fix only version. Its goal is to improve the stability of the plugin
before we work on some more serious improvements.
If things go well with this release, version 2.5 will be released in a not too distant future.

This release includes mainly bug fixes :

Update site for snapshot version :

Documentation :

The vote is open for 72 hours :
[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks in advance to all of you for your tests!

--
David

-- David

Re: [VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

bakaibalazs
 +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

Jérémie-6
Hi David,

I quickly tested this new version and it seems pretty good.
Here are my first feedbacks :
- Features in the java file editor seems ok :
    - violation are highlighted
    - qucikfix temporarily removes the marker
    - quickdiff shows the differences in the margin with the code inspected by the server.
 - serveur configuration panel is ok too: remove, add or edit sonar server url
 - from the package explorer :
       - configuration / associate with sonar / find on server / finish : ok
       - sonar / open in sonar server : ok
       - sonar / remove sonar nature : ok
       - properties / sonar : ok
       - new sonar server : ok
       - compare with / sonar server : ok
  - web view
       - link with package explorer : ok
       - link editor : ok
  - hotspots view :
       - link with package explorer : ok
       - group by hotspot categories : ok
  - violations view :
       - link with package explorer : ok
       - link editor : ok
       - sort : ok
       - double click  : ok
  - mesures view seems to work in most cases, but occasionally the following exception occurs :
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.sonar.ide.eclipse.internal.ui.views.MeasuresView.getMeasures(MeasuresView.java:347)
at org.sonar.ide.eclipse.internal.ui.views.MeasuresView$6.run(MeasuresView.java:297)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
  - open sonar perspective : ok
  - in help / welcome / overview / sonar integration : ko (opens an invalid page)

I haven't tested the local inspection and code review but I can already give a +1

Regards,
Jérémie (happy to see a new sonar-eclipse version)

David.

Re: [VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

David Gageot
Hi all.

The vote has passed with +1 from : Jérémie and Balázs

I'm proceeding with the release.

David.

-- David

Re: [VOTE] Release Sonar Eclipse Plugin 2.4

AlexandreGirard
Hi,

When is it suppose to be released ?

Thanks, Alexandre