Quantcast

Why are alerts not inherited

Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service)

Hello,

We use profile inheritance with our rules, it makes it easy to see what we choose to override. But I noticed that “alerts” do not get inherited. Have you given consideration to perhaps allow alerts to be inherited?

It is not a big deal, but when dealing with 590+ rules, Internet Explorer is rather slow. I could use another browser, but that is not the point, as I have a small profile where I override the rules that I want to change or that we have created. It only has 28 rules and updates quick in any browser.

Larry Smith

Re: Why are alerts not inherited

Freddy Mallet
Hi Larry,

See my comments below :

Indeed this is a known limitation : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2917

It is not a big deal, but when dealing with 590+ rules, Internet Explorer is rather slow. I could use another browser, but that is not the point, as I have a small profile where I override the rules that I want to change or that we have created. It only has 28 rules and updates quick in any browser.

Ticket created to implement a pagination mechanism : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3936 and I hope this ticket to be fixed in version 3.5.

Thanks for your feedback
Freddy

Larry Smith

RE: Why are alerts not inherited

Smith, Larry (ECS - Enterprise Cloud Service)

Freddy,

Thank you for the response and the new ticket http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3936 and the reference to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-2917.

Larry Smith