Quantcast

Xaml in dot net plugin

Jorge Costa
Hi all,

Got today a problem at work, the guys here are developing custom fxcop rules and someone of those are checking the xaml code directly. Is there any workaround that i can use to force the plugin to include these files also in the analsyis?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: Xaml in dot net plugin

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi Jorge,

this is currently not supported by the C# plugins, as they will import and report violations only on C# files. Adding support for XAML files would typically be done in another plugin - and there's no plan on our side for such a plugin for the moment.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Got today a problem at work, the guys here are developing custom fxcop rules
and someone of those are checking the xaml code directly. Is there any
workaround that i can use to force the plugin to include these files also in
the analsyis?

Thanks in advance

-----
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: Xaml in dot net plugin

Jorge Costa
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for the clarification, but i will need to get those violations somehow in sonar. Can i try to create a patch for this in c# plugin?

Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: Xaml in dot net plugin

Fabrice Bellingard-4
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM, jmecosta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for the clarification, but i will need to get those violations
somehow in sonar. Can i try to create a patch for this in c# plugin?

A simple patch wouldn't be able to make it, this is more complex that just a few lines. As I told you, this would require a new plugin. You can develop one for your own needs, and we'll see in the future if we can integrate it in the C# Ecosystem.

-----
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: Xaml in dot net plugin

Jorge Costa
Hi Fabrice,

Followed your advice and created a new plugin to analyse xaml code. https://github.com/jmecosta/xaml-sonar-plugin

Point of situation: its a piece of sh****

Why: loads of duplication with existing plugins, ive reused part of the cxx infrastructure, adopted the source parser from the xml plugin and reuse the fxcop parser from the c# ecosystem.

With all this, the following features are available:
 - code colourize for xaml (based on xml)
 - basic cpd
 - basic Line of codes and comment metrics
 - violations based on reuse of a fxcop report (this was a requirement for my project)

I would really like this to be available in c# plugin. But guess this can be a temporary solution for my problems.

Let me know what you think of this. Or if this useful for someone else

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Jorge Costa