Quantcast

problem with cxx plugin

arc.dream
Hi,

i am trying to use cxx plugin with sonar. i am running sonar-runner from remote client. when i ran sonar-runner, the log is showing that it is picking the cppcheck and valgrind report files but it is not showing anything on sonar web dashboard.

i kept some bug in my cpp code so that it should be displayed on sonar web dashboard, but it is not showing anything.

please help me why that is happening, or how to check the cppcheck report from web panel of sonar.

regards,
amit kumar

Re: problem with cxx plugin

Waleri Enns
Hi Amit,

could you please
1. Check that the cppcheck and valgrind reports *do* contain violations
2. Send be a logfile which you can obtain by running "sonar-runner -X"

Cheers
--
Waleri Enns

On 07/05/2012 11:09 AM, Amit Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am trying to use cxx plugin with sonar. i am running sonar-runner from
> remote client. when i ran sonar-runner, the log is showing that it is
> picking the cppcheck and valgrind report files but it is not showing
> anything on sonar web dashboard.
>
> i kept some bug in my cpp code so that it should be displayed on sonar
> web dashboard, but it is not showing anything.
>
> please help me why that is happening, or how to check the cppcheck
> report from web panel of sonar.
>
> regards,
> amit kumar

Re: problem with cxx plugin

arc.dream
Thanks, Waleri,

The problem is fixed now.

what is the status of this bug

any update ??

Thanks,
Amit kUmar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Waleri Enns <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

JP Chemali
This post was updated on .
Amit Kumar wrote
Thanks, Waleri,

The problem is fixed now.

what is the status of this bug

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-1081

any update ??

Thanks,
Amit kUmar
Hi Amit,

This is actually a bug in the PMD engine used by the CXX plugin  PMD-1814737 (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1814737&group_id=56262&atid=479921), it can't handle line splitting when analyzing duplications

Watch out you entered a bug on a C/C++ plugin (don't know what that is), the current plugin is named Cxx

Re: problem with cxx plugin

JadC
Hi Amit,
Would you mind sharing how you fixed the problem?

I am running into a similar issue:
- the .xml file output from cppcheck does contain violations
- sonar-runner does pick up the right report
- the quality profile is the default C++ one which has 200+ cpp check rules (so I am assuming that mine would show up)

However on the Sonar dashboard, no violations are picked up.