Quantcast

problem with running sonar

Karin Nilsson
Hi guys,

I am a total beginner with static code analysis but I would like to try
out sonar.
I want to use the basic installation, i.e. sonar runner, with the
default properties.

I am trying to follow
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Installing+and+Configuring+Sonar+Runner
so
I downloaded the sonar-3.1 version of sonar and started the sonar runner
by bin/linux-x86-64/sonar.sh start.
I have also successfully logged in to http://localhost:9000 by using the
admin/admin user/password and downloaded
the plugin for C via administrator/Update Center.

Now I would like to analyze the example c project from
https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-examples/tree/master/projects/languages/c.
How do I do this?

If I understood correctly I should run the sonar-runner command in the
root file for the downloaded project... but then I get the answer
sonar-runner: command not found.

I must have missed something crucial. Please guide me/give me some
advice on this!

Best regards
//Karin

Re: problem with running sonar

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi Karin,

  1. Add the $SONAR_RUNNER_HOME/bin directory to your PATH.
  2. You can check the basic installation by opening a new shell and executing the command 'sonar-runner -h' (on windows platform the command is 'sonar-runner.bat -h') .

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Karin Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your answer.

I added the path to the bin directory in my path (through editing the .bashrc file) but sonar-runner is still unknown to the terminal

On 07/03/2012 11:16 AM, Evgeny Mandrikov wrote:
[...]

Thank you but I already did step 3. :(
So in step 4 I get the answer

On 07/03/2012 11:39 AM, David Racodon wrote:
[...]

Ok, so how do I do that?

if not sonar-runner is working
On 07/03/2012 01:09 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov wrote:
[...]

Ok, so here is detailed instructions assuming that I start from scratch :
  1. I check prerequisites : Java 1.5 or higher must be installed, can be verified by command "java -version"
  2. I download http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins/sonar-runner/1.3/sonar-runner-1.3.zip
  3. And unpack it into directory "/tmp/sonar-runner-1.3/"
  4. I check that it works by using full path : "/tmp/sonar-runner-1.3/bin/sonar-runner -h"
Is it more clear ?

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Karin Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes it's clear now :).

Actually I didn't download sonar-runner-1.3 before as I thought http://dist.sonar.codehaus.org/sonar-3.1.zip
was enough... but now it seems to work.

Thank you Evgeny