Quantcast

[sonar-dev] [ANN] Sonar Benchmark Plugin 1.1.1

[sonar-dev] [ANN] Sonar Benchmark Plugin 1.1.1

Antonio Calero

Hi all!

eXcentia team is pleased to announce a new version (1.1.1) for the Sonar Benchmark Plugin.

This plugin does "Benchmarking" on your Sonar instance to gather information about all your projects and compares .

The main feature of this new version is the support of Techdebt.org to be able to compare your project with more than 1.400 projects and 141M lines of code. Techdebt.org is a free accessible open data repository which aims to be the most representative, exhaustive and acurate benchmark on technical debt and software quality.

Plugin also includes:

- New global widget to show global data from your Sonar instance, including:
- The number of projects in your instance
- The number of executed analysis
- Total lines of code analyzed
- Total files analyzed
- Active rules and total number of rules in your quality profiles
- Total number of violations and total violations per severity
- Improved charts
- New option to filter data by language and compare only with projects with the same technology.

Trial version, screenshots and documentation are available on the product page.

Enjoy!

eXcentia Team.

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Sonar Benchmark Plugin 1.1.1

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Antonio

The latest addition with techdebt.org comparison is really cool :)
I think it would be better for the plugin if you could provide a demo instance ( like nemo ) to see it in action.

2012/9/7 Antonio Calero <[hidden email]>

[...]

Hi Patroklos,

Thank you! I think is a good idea to provide a demo instance... This is something we had in mind for a long time...

We will let you know when the instance is ready ;-)

Regards,
Antonio.

El 09/09/2012, a las 19:17, Papapetrou P.Patroklos <[hidden email]> escribió:

[...]

Freddy Mallet
Hi Guys,

Just to share a thought about this benchmarking feature. The most difficult part when benchmarking something is to fully understand with what we are benchmarking this thing against. To take a simple example, comparing a web application with a swing application or a java library is not so valuable whereas comparing a java project with a set of projects having some pretty similar characteristics can be very meaningful. So the ability to group projects by typology and to benchmark a project against this group could be the next big step of the benchmark plugin and/or of the techdebt.org web site.

kind regards,