Quantcast

[sonar-dev] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

[sonar-dev] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

Olivier Gaudin-2
SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of its C++ plugin (commercial). We have built it with a slightly different approach compared to the existing community CXX plugin. Indeed, as for other languages before we have not only integrated existing tools but have also developed our own parser based on SSLR. It somes with the following features:
  • Compute standard metrics
  • built-in services of Sonar: drill downs, hotspots, code viewer, Time Machine…
  • Analyzes millions of lines of code in minutes
  • No need for pre-processing as the plugin embeds its own preprocessor
  • 220+ coding checks are available including Cppcheck rules
  • Custom rules using XPath
Trial version and documentation are available on the product page.

Enjoy!

[sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

David Racodon-2
Hi CXX guys,

The CXX plugin is referred as Cxx on the plugin library page, CXX Plugin on the plugin page and Sonar C++ Plugin in the Update Center.
Could we give it a consistent name: C++ (community plugin)? C++ (community edition)? Any other proposal is welcome.

Thank you very much

On 8 August 2012 23:11, Olivier Gaudin <[hidden email]> wrote:
SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of its C++ plugin (commercial). We have built it with a slightly different approach compared to the existing community CXX plugin. Indeed, as for other languages before we have not only integrated existing tools but have also developed our own parser based on SSLR. It somes with the following features:
  • Compute standard metrics
  • built-in services of Sonar: drill downs, hotspots, code viewer, Time Machine…
  • Analyzes millions of lines of code in minutes
  • No need for pre-processing as the plugin embeds its own preprocessor
  • 220+ coding checks are available including Cppcheck rules
  • Custom rules using XPath
Trial version and documentation are available on the product page.

Enjoy!

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

Waleri Enns
Hi,

sorry for long delay but this one got out of my radar, somehow...

On 08/09/2012 10:01 AM, David Racodon wrote:
> Hi CXX guys,
>
> The CXX plugin is referred as /Cxx/ on the plugin library page </>, /CXX
> Plugin/ on the plugin page
> <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/CXX+Plugin> and /Sonar C++
> Plugin/ in the Update Center.

Yes, this is unfortunate.

> Could we give it a consistent name: C++ (community plugin)? C++
> (community edition)? Any other proposal is welcome.

How about postfixing the name with the licence, i.e:

SonarSource's Plugin: "Sonar C++ Plugin (SonarSource)"
Community:      "Sonar C++ Plugin (LGPL)"

What do you think?

Waleri Enns

> Thank you very much
>
> Regards,
>
> *
> *
> *David RACODON | **SonarSource
> */Senior Consultant/
> http://sonarsource.com <http://sonarsource.com/>
>

> On 8 August 2012 23:11, Olivier Gaudin <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     SonarSource is pleased to announce the release of its C++ plugin
>     (commercial). We have built it with a slightly different approach
>     compared to the existing community CXX plugin
>     <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/CXX+Plugin>. Indeed, as for
>     other languages before we have not only integrated existing tools
>     but have also developed our own parser based on SSLR. It somes with
>     the following features:
>
>       * Compute standard metrics
>       * built-in services of Sonar: drill downs, hotspots, code viewer,
>         Time Machine…
>       * Analyzes millions of lines of code in minutes
>       * No need for pre-processing as the plugin embeds its own preprocessor
>       * 220+ coding checks are available including Cppcheck rules
>       * Custom rules using XPath
>
>     Trial version and documentation are available on the product page
>     <http://www.sonarsource.com/products/plugins/languages/cpp/>.
>
>     Enjoy!

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

Jorge Costa
Hi,

Waleri proposal seems quite reasonable. I vote for that.

BR,

JC
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

Olivier Gaudin-2
Hi Waleri,

What is we make it "C++ (Community)" and "C++ (SonarSource)" ?

Olivier

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

also +1 for Olivier
Best Regards
Jorge Costa

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarSource C++ Plugin 1.0 Released

Waleri Enns
Hi Olivier,

The majority is for your proposal -- so I agree also. Lets do it.

--
Waleri

P.S.: Sorry again for the delay, have a couple of days off and was completely offline.

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

Hi All,

I updated the documentation accordingly.
Note that the name of the Cxx page has changed. So links not using the "Tiny Link" (http://docs.codehaus.org/x/mQAICw) will be broken.

I created JIRA tickets to update pom.xml files for the update center to display the new name: