Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Avoid warning about "commented code"

[sonar-dev] Avoid warning about "commented code"

Konstantin M.
Hello,

Please see my next C# sample:

                /// <summary>
                /// Handles the task exception.
                /// </summary>
                /// <example>
                /// <code>
                /// Task.Factory.StartNew (() => { throw null; }).IgnoreExceptions();
                /// </code>
                /// </example>
                /// <param name="task">The task.</param>
                public static void IgnoreExceptions(this Task task)

I have next violation: Sections of code should not be "commented out"
for the line: "/// Task.Factory.StartNew (() => { throw null; }).IgnoreExceptions();".
But this line formed according to MSDN specification for code comments (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5ast78ax) and it is in <code> element and for me it should not be checked by this Sonar rule.
We use Sonar v3.0

So please provide some feedback how it could be avoided.

Thank you and kind regards Konstantin.

Re: [sonar-dev] Avoid warning about "commented code"

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi Konstantin,

you are right, I created a ticket for this: http://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/CSHARP-29

However, for the moment, there's no workaround to avoid this, unfortunately.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Малышко Костя <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your reply!
Looks that I don't have enough rights to see ticket.
So my question is: how I can know that problem is fixed?

Thank you and kind regards Konstantin.