Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Code coverage Tool

Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND)

Hi,

Is it possible to write the code coverage plugin for new language like cBasic?

Any sample code is available? COBOL or C has any code coverage plugin?

Regards,

Nalini

Re: [sonar-dev] Code coverage Tool

franck bonin
<base href="x-msg://1295/">Hi,

sonar-cxx-plugin integrate gcov/gcovr coverage reports analysis tool

So if use use gcc compiler for your C source code,  gcov will do the job.

regards,

franck bonin

Nalini

RE: [sonar-dev] Code coverage Tool

Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND)
<base href="x-msg://1295/">

Thank you Franck..

Can we write our own code coverage tool for any new language?

Actually we are developing code base analysis plugin for cBasic language [it is one of the very old language. Used in POS systems]. We want to incorporate code coverage for this language. Can we write our own code coverage plugin for this language? How does sonar supports this?

Regards,

Nalini

RE: [sonar-dev] Code coverage Tool

Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND)
<base href="x-msg://1295/">

Hi,

Any suggestions? Could you please help me on this?

Regards,

Nalini

Re: [sonar-dev] Code coverage Tool

franck bonin
<base href="x-msg://1295/">Sonar coverage report metrics suppose you to use a specific coverage tool analyzer (and reporter) able to instrument your binaries. This could be any kind of tool, (commercial or not) but it should produce report in an "open" format in order for sonar (or you, if you write a new plugin) to understand them.

When reports are produced, typically at the end of an instrumented execution, a coverge sonar sensor is suppose to parse output report(s). See an exemple inside cxx-plugin coverage sensor sources at https://svn.codehaus.org/sonar-plugins/tags/sonar-cxx-plugin-0.1/src/main/java/org/sonar/plugins/cxx/coverage/CxxGcovrSensor.java

I don't now much about cBasic but since it should produce binaries, they can be instrumented by some generic coverage tool. But I'm pretty sure gcc and gcov can't do this.

If you still want to use sonar, you have to find a coverage analyzer, then integrated it through a (new ?) sonar coverage sensor inside a (new ?) sonar  plugin.

Regards,

Franck bonin

Thank you Franck..

Can we write our own code coverage tool for any new language?

Actually we are developing code base analysis plugin for cBasic language [it is one of the very old language. Used in POS systems]. We want to incorporate code coverage for this language. Can we write our own code coverage plugin for this language? How does sonar supports this?

Regards,
Nalini

RE: [sonar-dev] Code coverage Tool

Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND)
<base href="x-msg://1295/">

Thank you Franck for your valuable suggestions. I will check with any generic coverage tool or I will go with sonar.

Regards,

Nalini