Quantcast

[sonar-dev] FW: From Nalini: cBasic code analysis - Sonar support

[sonar-dev] FW: From Nalini: cBasic code analysis - Sonar support

Nalini Mathusoothanan (UST, IND)

Hi,

cBasic is one of the old language and it is used for IBM POS solutions. We are checking any code base analysis tool for cBasic. I searched a lot and couldn't find any.

When I checked sonar documentation it is mentioned like sonar supports any language. To support any new language we can create our own plugin and add the plugin to the sonar server for code base analysis.

I want to check the following:
 1. Whether it is possible to create our own customized plugin for cBasic language with all the rules set. If yes, could you please send me the guidelines on how to do that?
 2. Is there any built in plugins for cBasic in sonar?

Could you please help me on this?

Regards,

Nalini

--
This mail is sent via contact form on SonarSource http://www.sonarsource.com/contact/

Re: [sonar-dev] FW: From Nalini: cBasic code analysis - Sonar support

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Nalini

There is no known plugin for cBasic, so I assume you'll create your own. You can find some generic guidelines here:
and after, I believe, you should see some language existing plugins ( Javascript , Delphi, Flex etc. )