Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Intregrate Sonar with PostgreSQL

[sonar-dev] Intregrate Sonar with PostgreSQL

Gustavo Lira e Silva
H gentlemen,

This is my first topic in this list. =)

I have one doubt when I was reading the documentation of Sonar about the instalation http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Installation+and+Upgrade

O change the conf/sonar.properties for Sonar works with PostgreSQL, and it works ok.

I need change the settings.xml in my maven too? In this links tells to do this http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Installing+and+Configuring+Maven but this configuration is the same that I was already made in the sonar.properties

My question is, I need modify both files (sonar.properties and settings.xml) ?

If I only change the sonar.properties and run mvn sonar:sonar in my project all of records will be store in postgresql?

Re: [sonar-dev] Intregrate Sonar with PostgreSQL

David Racodon-2
Hi Gustavo,

I confirm that you need to set the database information on both places.
Sonar is composed of two main independent components:
  • The client that runs a batch to analyze your source code and populate the database with the measures
  • The web server that retrieves the measures from the database and display them on your browser

So you set the database information in:
  • settings.xml (maven) to tell the client which database to populate with the measures
  • sonar.properties to tell the server from which database to retrieve the measures.

Just one remark: for questions on using Sonar, please write to [hidden email] instead of dev.

Thank you

And welcome to the Sonar world!

On 13 June 2012 20:06, Gustavo Lira e Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
H gentlemen,

This is my first topic in this list. =)

I have one doubt when I was reading the documentation of Sonar about the instalation http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Installation+and+Upgrade

O change the conf/sonar.properties for Sonar works with PostgreSQL, and it works ok.

I need change the settings.xml in my maven too? In this links tells to do this http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Installing+and+Configuring+Maven but this configuration is the same that I was already made in the sonar.properties

My question is, I need modify both files (sonar.properties and settings.xml) ?

If I only change the sonar.properties and run mvn sonar:sonar in my project all of records will be store in postgresql?

Re: [sonar-dev] Intregrate Sonar with PostgreSQL

Gustavo Lira e Silva
Hi,

Very thanks for your help!!!