Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

[sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Hi all,

Sorry for my previous post.

I'm working on a localization plugin for Japanese.
If some of you are interested, I'd love to share it with the community.

My Codehaus ID is nisinaka

Yosh NISHINAKA ([hidden email])

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Dear all,

Through my work on Japanese localization, I found a bit problem.

There is a message that uses pluralize function in:

sonar-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/app/views/filters/_list.html.erb

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Dear all,

Sorry, I'm not good at writing emails with gmail.

Through my work on Japanese localization, I found a bit problem.

There is a message that uses pluralize function in:
sonar-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/app/views/filters/_list.html.erb

message('result').downcase) %></span>

This is not appropriate for Japanese (and other languages) since it
just add 's' at the end of a Japanese word for 'result'.  (please see
the attached image)

Do you have any suggestions?

pluralized_message.png (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
I created a JIRA issue for this.

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3615

2012/6/30 Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]>:

> Dear all,
>
> Sorry, I'm not good at writing emails with gmail.
>
> Through my work on Japanese localization, I found a bit problem.
>
> There is a message that uses pluralize function in:
> sonar-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/app/views/filters/_list.html.erb

> message('result').downcase) %></span>
>
> This is not appropriate for Japanese (and other languages) since it
> just add 's' at the end of a Japanese word for 'result'.  (please see
> the attached image)
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Simon Brandhof
Ok thanks, we will simply force the plural form by using the key "results".

On 2 July 2012 10:17, Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]> wrote:
I created a JIRA issue for this.

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3615

2012/6/30 Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]>:
> Dear all,
>
> Sorry, I'm not good at writing emails with gmail.
>
> Through my work on Japanese localization, I found a bit problem.
>
> There is a message that uses pluralize function in:
> sonar-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/app/views/filters/_list.html.erb

> message('result').downcase) %></span>
>
> This is not appropriate for Japanese (and other languages) since it
> just add 's' at the end of a Japanese word for 'result'.  (please see
> the attached image)
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Simon,

Thanks, that will be fine.

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:33:11 +0200
Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok thanks, we will simply force the plural form by using the key "results".
>

> On 2 July 2012 10:17, Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > I created a JIRA issue for this.
> >
> > https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3615
> >

> > 2012/6/30 Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]>:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > Sorry, I'm not good at writing emails with gmail.
> > >
> > > Through my work on Japanese localization, I found a bit problem.
> > >
> > > There is a message that uses pluralize function in:
> > > sonar-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/app/views/filters/_list.html.erb

> > > message('result').downcase) %></span>
> > >
> > > This is not appropriate for Japanese (and other languages) since it
> > > just add 's' at the end of a Japanese word for 'result'.  (please see
> > > the attached image)
> > >
> > > Do you have any suggestions?

> *Simon BRANDHOF | **SonarSource
> ***http://sonarsource.com

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Simon Brandhof
Hi Yoshiyuki,

I added some unit tests to the Japanese plugin. You just have to enable the test named "coreBundleShouldBeUpToDate" in order to list all the missing translations.

Regards

On 2 July 2012 12:36, Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Simon,

Thanks, that will be fine.

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:33:11 +0200
Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok thanks, we will simply force the plural form by using the key "results".
>

> On 2 July 2012 10:17, Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > I created a JIRA issue for this.
> >
> > https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3615
> >

> > 2012/6/30 Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA <[hidden email]>:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > Sorry, I'm not good at writing emails with gmail.
> > >
> > > Through my work on Japanese localization, I found a bit problem.
> > >
> > > There is a message that uses pluralize function in:
> > > sonar-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/app/views/filters/_list.html.erb

> > > message('result').downcase) %></span>
> > >
> > > This is not appropriate for Japanese (and other languages) since it
> > > just add 's' at the end of a Japanese word for 'result'.  (please see
> > > the attached image)
> > >
> > > Do you have any suggestions?

> *Simon BRANDHOF | **SonarSource
> ***http://sonarsource.com

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource

Re: [sonar-dev] Japanese Localization Plugin

Yoshiyuki NISHINAKA
Thank you Simon!!

This is great.
This is what I've been looking for.