Quantcast

[sonar-dev] New Plugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[sonar-dev] New Plugin

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Hi,
We wrote a small plugin for sonar at my company. It is a simple plugin
that allows to show gcov code coverage results in sonar. What do we need
to do in order to host this project in codehaus?
Do we need to sign an agreement to hand over the copyright?

Regards

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Senior Software QA Engineer
[hidden email]
http://cfengine.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [sonar-dev] New Plugin

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi Carlos,

If my understanding correct, then gcov is code coverage for C/C++ ? If so, then as I know it's already supported by Sonar CXX Plugin ( http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/CXX+Plugin ) and will be supported by Sonar C Plugin ( http://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/CANSI-77 ). So what is the reason to create new project ?

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Carlos Duclos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
We wrote a small plugin for sonar at my company. It is a simple plugin that allows to show gcov code coverage results in sonar. What do we need to do in order to host this project in codehaus?
Do we need to sign an agreement to hand over the copyright?

Regards

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Senior Software QA Engineer
[hidden email]
http://cfengine.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Best regards,
Evgeny Mandrikov aka Godin <http://godin.net.ru>
http://twitter.com/_godin_
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [sonar-dev] New Plugin

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
In reply to this post by Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Thanks for mentioning that. When we started doing this we were not aware
that this plugin could handle pure C code, so we wrote a small one to do
that. We'll try that plugin and see if it does what we need. In any case
our plugin is much simpler than what CXX does, it just reports the
lines, functions and branches coverage and does not provide more
advanced metrics.

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Senior Software QA Engineer
[hidden email]
http://cfengine.com

On 08/01/2012 12:01 PM, jmecosta wrote:

> hi,
>
> have you check cxx plugin? It also support such format
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/CXX+Plugin.
>
> Or is this something else?
>
> JC
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/sonar-dev-New-Plugin-tp5001543p5001545.html
> Sent from the Sonar dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>      http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [sonar-dev] New Plugin

Waleri Enns
Hi,

On 08/01/2012 12:05 PM, Carlos Duclos wrote:
> Thanks for mentioning that. When we started doing this we were not aware
> that this plugin could handle pure C code, so we wrote a small one to do
> that. We'll try that plugin and see if it does what we need. In any case
> our plugin is much simpler than what CXX does, it just reports the
> lines, functions and branches coverage and does not provide more
          ^^^^^^^^^
Just curios: it reports *function* coverage? Actually, sonar doesnt have
such a metric. Did you extend the set of supported metrics?

Anyway, have a look at the coverage feature of the Cxx Plugin. And youre
welcome to improve it.

> advanced metrics.
>
> --
> Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
> Senior Software QA Engineer
> [hidden email]
> http://cfengine.com
>
> On 08/01/2012 12:01 PM, jmecosta wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> have you check cxx plugin? It also support such format
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/CXX+Plugin.
>>
>> Or is this something else?
>>
>> JC
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/sonar-dev-New-Plugin-tp5001543p5001545.html
>> Sent from the Sonar dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>>
>>      http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [sonar-dev] New Plugin

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Actually in order to simplify the process we preprocess the gcov files
with lcov, which manages to spit function coverage too (and produces
files that are way easier to parse).
We will take a look at the Cxx plugin and see if it fulfills our
requirements (which are not very complicated).

--
Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
Senior Software QA Engineer
[hidden email]
http://cfengine.com

On 08/01/2012 12:12 PM, Waleri Enns wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/01/2012 12:05 PM, Carlos Duclos wrote:
>> Thanks for mentioning that. When we started doing this we were not aware
>> that this plugin could handle pure C code, so we wrote a small one to do
>> that. We'll try that plugin and see if it does what we need. In any case
>> our plugin is much simpler than what CXX does, it just reports the
>> lines, functions and branches coverage and does not provide more
>          ^^^^^^^^^
> Just curios: it reports *function* coverage? Actually, sonar doesnt
> have such a metric. Did you extend the set of supported metrics?
>
> Anyway, have a look at the coverage feature of the Cxx Plugin. And
> youre welcome to improve it.
>
>> advanced metrics.
>>
>> --
>> Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara
>> Senior Software QA Engineer
>> [hidden email]
>> http://cfengine.com
>>
>> On 08/01/2012 12:01 PM, jmecosta wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> have you check cxx plugin? It also support such format
>>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/CXX+Plugin.
>>>
>>> Or is this something else?
>>>
>>> JC
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://sonar.15.n6.nabble.com/sonar-dev-New-Plugin-tp5001543p5001545.html 
>>>
>>> Sent from the Sonar dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>>>
>>>      http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>>
>>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Loading...