Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

[sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003
Hi guys,

  I am a starter of sonar, and I find there is no l10n resource for Chinese(zh_CN), so I just try to provide a sonar-l10n-zh-plugin.  But I was blocked by gwt.properties.

  No matter what I tried, there message of Hotpots panel won't changed,  while the other panels were just well.  I changed the file name to gwt_cn.properties, gwt_zh.properties, gwt_zh-CN.properties, gwt_zh_CN.properties,  but it won't work.

  It is wired that I try the sonar-l10n-fr-plugin-1.4,  the result is just the same, the other panel messages are translated successfully, except the Hotpots panel.

  Is that the bug of the projects?  Or is there some work I should do first.  Please tell me how to solve this problem.  Thank you very much.

2012-05-09

xyz20003

Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

Localization of hotspots is already supported, except for rule names (example for French : https://skitch.com/sonarsource/823ea/hotspot-i18n).
Note that hotspots are not using GWT but Ruby since release 2.12.

Does it answer your question ? If not, which sonar version do you use ?

Did you consider hosting your plugin at http://sonar-plugins.codehaus.org ? It would be a nice contribution to the community.

Regards
Simon

On 8 May 2012 21:16, xyz20003 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

  I am a starter of sonar, and I find there is no l10n resource for Chinese(zh_CN), so I just try to provide a sonar-l10n-zh-plugin.  But I was blocked by gwt.properties.

  No matter what I tried, there message of Hotpots panel won't changed,  while the other panels were just well.  I changed the file name to gwt_cn.properties, gwt_zh.properties, gwt_zh-CN.properties, gwt_zh_CN.properties,  but it won't work.

  It is wired that I try the sonar-l10n-fr-plugin-1.4,  the result is just the same, the other panel messages are translated successfully, except the Hotpots panel.

  Is that the bug of the projects?  Or is there some work I should do first.  Please tell me how to solve this problem.  Thank you very much.

2012-05-09

xyz20003

Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003

Hi Simon,

  Thank you for quick reply.

  I saw the picture  https://skitch.com/sonarsource/823ea/hotspot-i18n.  The problem I met just there.

  The title of first block was translated to fr successfully,  but the rest title was just English, as 'Highest Complexity', 'Highest average method complexity'.  Are they the rule name that you mentioned?  Did you mean that these titles couldn't be translated? Or there are some way could do?

  Since I am not familier with gwt or ruby. Now I could only copy the message properties files from sonar-l10n-en to my project and try to translate them.

  I am using the latest version of sonar - 3.0.  And I am glad to have a chance to provide the l18n to community when I finished my work.

  Thank you very much.

2012-05-09

xyz20003

xyz20003

Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

Simon Brandhof

  The title of first block was translated to fr successfully,  but the rest title was just English, as 'Highest Complexity', 'Highest average method complexity'.  Are they the rule name that you mentioned?  Did you mean that these titles couldn't be translated? Or there are some way could do?

You're right. The english title is hardcoded when creating the default "Hotspots" dashboard. You just have to edit the widget and remove the title :
https://skitch.com/sonarsource/82hu5/configure-hotspot-title
It will fallback to standard title that correctly supports i18n.
This limitation will be fixed in next version : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-3456

  Since I am not familier with gwt or ruby. Now I could only copy the message properties files from sonar-l10n-en to my project and try to translate them.

  I am using the latest version of sonar - 3.0.  And I am glad to have a chance to provide the l18n to community when I finished my work.

Great news. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003

Hi Simon,

   I think I had finished my work for translate sonar l10n resources to Chinese(zh_CN) - including *.properties, not *.html.

  And how could I contribute this to sonar?  Or should I waiting for next releasing 3.1? I notice that the problem about hotpots will fixed in 3.1 version.

  Thank you very much.

2012-06-12

xyz20003

Great news. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003

Hi,

  I already had a xircles account.  My username is xuhuisheng.

2012-06-13

xyz20003

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

Eric Hartmann-2
Hi Huisheng,

I've just added you as plugin developer, so you can checkout the subversion repository https://svn.codehaus.org/sonar-plugins/trunk/l10n/ and add your files.

Thanks a lot for your contribution !

Eric

On 13 June 2012 15:20, xyz20003 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

  I already had a xircles account.  My username is xuhuisheng.

2012-06-13

xyz20003

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003
Thank you Eric.

I just check in l10n-zh resources to svn repository. And how could I start a vote for releasing sonar-l10n-zh-plugin-1.0 ?

2012-06-14

xyz20003

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

Eric Hartmann-2
Hi Huisheng,

You only need to follow the instructions here : http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Releasing+a+plugin
As it's an l10n bundle, you do not need to check the quality on Nemo.

I've prepared the Chinese Pack page here : http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Chinese+Pack (you should be able to edit it with your xircles account).
I'll generate the header (iframe on this page) tomorrow.

If you have trouble with the release procedure, I'll help you (however next week I'll be off).

Kind regards,

Eric

On 13 June 2012 18:28, xyz20003 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Eric.

I just check in l10n-zh resources to svn repository. And how could I start a vote for releasing sonar-l10n-zh-plugin-1.0 ?

2012-06-14

xyz20003

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003
Thank you Eric,  I will read it.

2012-06-14

xyz20003

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

xyz20003
Hi Eric,

  Seems the next step is '5.Request on the development mailing list that a Bamboo build is added for the plugin', could you help to do that? Thank you very much.

2012-06-14

xyz20003

Re: Re: Re: [sonar-dev] Please help for l10n for gwt.properties

Eric Hartmann-2
Hi,

The build is already available for all l10n submodules here : http://bamboo.ci.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-L10N ;-)
So you can request a vote on dev mailing list !

Cheers,

Eric