Quantcast

[sonar-dev] Plugins under development - When will be released for first time

[sonar-dev] Plugins under development - When will be released for first time

Patroklos Papapetrou
Hi Sonar devs

I have tested some weeks ago two very interesting plugins ( Doxygen and Abacus )
Does anybody have any idea about their first release?

As far as I remember there were no serious problems...

[sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Plugins under development - When will be released for first time

David François

Hi,

For the doxygen plugin, during the vote, i didn't get the +1 to make a release of the plugin. Moreover, i identified a problem when the name of a project has a character not allowed for the creation of folder.

I must correct this problem but i was a bit busy at work recently.

For Abacus, the vote got the number of +1 necessary but it seems there is a thinking side SonarSource about an improvement to be able to use String metrics in the drilldown. The problem is that, in the drilldown,  the values of the measure are sorted from worst to best and an alphanumeric sort is inappropriate and without this improvement, I think the plugin become useless. I think David Racodon will speak on the post to clarify.

Regards,

David FRANCOIS

Think green - keep it on the screen. This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

Re: [sonar-dev] RE : [sonar-dev] Plugins under development - When will be released for first time

David Racodon-2
Hi guys,

@Freddy:

Could you add in the documentation page any link to the description of the Abacus methodology (even in french) if this documentation exists ?
=> I couldn't find one actually. David F., would you have one at Logica

You should provide a default value to the 'sonar.abacus.complexityThresholds' property in order to know which complexity thresholds are used by default and what is the format of this property
=> There was one. The problem came from the internationalization and I fixed it.

The default values of those thresholds seem by far too little if what you call a component is a source file
=> I updated the threshold: Simple:20;Medium:50;Complex:100;Very complex

If indeed a component is a file I guess it would be better to replace the word component by the word file to make it easier to understand for the end users.
=> Indeed, documentation has been updated.

@David F.

it seems there is a thinking side SonarSource about an improvement to be able to use String metrics in the drilldown. The problem is that, in the drilldown,  the values of the measure are sorted from worst to best and an alphanumeric sort is inappropriate and without this improvement, I think the plugin become useless
=> As you mentionned, drilldown from a String measure is not tricky as Sonar displays worst values first and Sonar has no way to retrieve the worst value from a String distribution.
=> I added a new tab to the plug-in. So it is now possible to get the abacus complexity on a file. So I think the two main use cases are now covered:
  • Get the abacus complexity for a file => via filters or the new tab
  • Get the complexity distribution on a component => was already available in the first snapshot

I just released a new snapshot. So, I'd like to call for a vote again:

Snapshot version

Documentation

Vote open to everybody for 72 hours
[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thank you

On 25 May 2012 19:27, Francois, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi David

I have tested the plugin again and everything works as a charm.
I have only a minor comment. The drilldown link on dashboard's widget on abacus component complexity could  be removed as it doesn't offer anything and it might confuse the end-user.

Since I had already installed the previous snapshot there was no need to run a new sonar analysis :) to see the new Abacus Tab :)

I give again my +1 !!

2012/5/31 David Racodon <[hidden email]>
[...]

Hi Patroklos,

Thanks for the vote.

I totally agree with you for the drilldown link. I created an improvement for the next version: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-1891